Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

True Flow XDI Cold Air Intake

Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
True Flow XDI Cold Air Intake

Just bought one off of www.truckcustomizers.com for $287.20. I think they're on sale or something because all other sites that i found wanting like $300 something. It should arrive in 2-5 business days.... man, i can't wait. If your not familiar with the True Flow xdi intake, click the link below ( i have a hard time uploading pics) Its supposed to Add 16 Hp And 20 Lbs-Ft To The Rear Wheels....

Old 01-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
MaGuyver is on a distinguished road

MaGuyver's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the same thing and it should be here today.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGuyver View Post
I just bought the same thing and it should be here today.
Cool man, hopefully it's as good as they say....
Lemme know how the install goes......
Old 01-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...........they look cool as hell. i wanna know about performance gains and mileage also. my airaid is ok, but the trueflow looks awesome and very functional!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Now I am having second thoughts about my Airaid intake. After reading about and seeing the True Flow, I want one now. But the question remains - are they any better than other intakes on the market?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Any dyno charts for this one? Is it better performing and quality then the usual suspects AEM, TRD, K&N, URD?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the problem i have for the trueflow, just from looking at it, is that it doesnt connect up to the fender where it is getting its air from
Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #8

True but, I guess you could rig something. If nothing else, use a small hand truck tire intertube. Put some air into it and it would seal. I know this is out there but it was a quick thought. I will think of something better later.
I did get it today but will not put it on until tomorrow (thur.), Man, there is a lot of oil in the filter. I hope it does not hurt the MAFM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Any dyno charts for this one? Is it better performing and quality then the usual suspects AEM, TRD, K&N, URD?
I read on one website that Its supposed to Add 16 Hp And 20 Lbs-Ft To The Rear Wheels....but i can't find any dyno charts to prove it
Old 02-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #10

Well, i finally had the time to install it. It took about 45 minutes. (It was my first time installing an intake...ever....) Anyway, It gives off a nice sound. Kind of sounds like a big v8. Everyone turns around when you floor it. I haven't had it on long enough to comment about the gas mileage. But, wow! The sound it gives off is addicting.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #11

Great Pre Runner. I am getting use to mine. The only way I will be able to see how much this truck is saving me in gas is to do a trip.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #12
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have time to take a sound clip i am buying one online as soon as i get my paycheck but i wanted a teaser clip until this friday.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #13

I'll try to take one either today or tomorrow...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #14
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks 05 i look forward to it.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedruM29 View Post
thanks 05 i look forward to it.
Sorry about lagging it w/ the video... Don't worry though i'll make it very soon!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #16
Tacoma_CT is on a distinguished road
Tacoma_CT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tacoma_CT
just imagin a v8 gunnin it and thats what it sounds like it just sounds like raw power... most intakes sound like there sucking in air this intake sounds like its ripping the air into the motor and just chewwing it up trust me iv had my trueflow XDI for like 5-6 months now and its awsome and you do get a hp and torq increase but couldnt tell you what it is and if your guna match this intake with an exaust you might not like the sound with a borla it resenates like a mother in the high rpm band and iv noticed that any tacoma with a boral with any other intake sounds louder if that makes a sence to you (it dosent to me ill get a video up in a little soon as i get my Vcam back

Tacoma_CT
Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #17
Blinking Car Mod...

CT i get it, i wonder how it sounds with my magnaflow, since the true flow is coming in two days. i kinda like the resonation. it shouldn't sound to bad cause i am gonna dynamat everything on saturday possibly with another TW member.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #18
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedruM29 View Post
CT i get it, i wonder how it sounds with my magnaflow, since the true flow is coming in two days. i kinda like the resonation. it shouldn't sound to bad cause i am gonna dynamat everything on saturday possibly with another TW member.
reconsider the dynamat. You can get a discount by going with RAAMmat. Info here
Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #19
Blinking Car Mod...

unfortunately i already bought plenty of peel and seel from lowes its 14 bucks for a roll of 6" by 25' so i will have plenty to double up. its a cheap[ version of dynamat but it does the trick just fine.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #20
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I dont see the point of the big piece of metal that goes around the filter. I would think that it would only decrease the airflow. I went ahead and bought the K&N kit for about 270 bucks. I can def. tell a gain in HP and it is VERY loud in the higher RPMs.