Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

ScanGauge II - A/F sensor

Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
PJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PJED's Tacoma Gallery
ScanGauge II - A/F sensor

I just got a ScanGauge II and am trying to get the data off of my Bank 1 Sensor 1 A/F sensor. The codes from SGII's web site are not working or something else is going on. Bank 1 Sensor 2 codes work. Has anyone else tried this. It seems to work on a friends T-100, just not on my 01 Taco.
I have been getting a P1135 code so I changed the B1 S1 sensor but am still not getting any readings at all from the SGII on the new sensor. Bad wiring? I get 13 volts from the sensor wires.
Also, if anyone else has any other cool tricks with the SCII please pass them on.

Cheers!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to understand what you were explaining.....and/or progression.

You couldn't get any readings from the B1 S1 off your SGII
You had a P1135 trouble code
You changed the B1 S1
You still can't get any readings from the B1 S1 off the SGII

If this is accurate ...
After you installed the new B1 S1 - has the trouble code come back or no?
If you didn't get any readings on the SGII before the new B1 S1 was installed and you're still not getting them now, I wouldn't blame it on the new B1 S1 or the installation. Drive it around a bit - if the code doesn't come back, then you're probably good. As for the SG II readings....it's probably just a fluke and its having trouble communicating or getting the information from the computer.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #3
PJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shedPJED is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PJED's Tacoma Gallery
Janster, thanks for your reply. You are understanding perfectly. No check engine light yet. I have only driven it a few miles though. Should come on today if it is going to. I was trying to jump the gun and see if anyone else has tried using the SGII to get the sensor data to see if this IS just a fluke. I got a little worried when the new sensor still did not give any readings. I will give it at least until the SGII gives me the "Ready" message and post back with saying it must be a fluke.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJED View Post
Janster, thanks for your reply. You are understanding perfectly. No check engine light yet. I have only driven it a few miles though. Should come on today if it is going to. I was trying to jump the gun and see if anyone else has tried using the SGII to get the sensor data to see if this IS just a fluke. I got a little worried when the new sensor still did not give any readings. I will give it at least until the SGII gives me the "Ready" message and post back with saying it must be a fluke.
Your scangauge gave you a computer code before the check engine light came on? That's pretty cool.

I'm still learning to play with this scangauge myself. Neat gadget and definately come in handy. I haven't messed with any O2 sensor stuff (yet).

Good Luck! I hope it works out for ya!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
Spyder327 is on a distinguished road

Spyder327's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Spyder327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Your scangauge gave you a computer code before the check engine light came on? That's pretty cool.
Scanners are capable of reading soft codes (codes they do not trigger a CEL right away but are stored in the computer). Most codes work on a 2-trip detection logic, which means when the computer sees it once, it stores the code but waits for the same condition to happen again before triggering the CEL. Since scantools read what is stored in the ECU, they can see all that.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder327 View Post
Scanners are capable of reading soft codes (codes they do not trigger a CEL right away but are stored in the computer). Most codes work on a 2-trip detection logic, which means when the computer sees it once, it stores the code but waits for the same condition to happen again before triggering the CEL. Since scantools read what is stored in the ECU, they can see all that.
That's really cool! I didn't know it'd look for 'soft codes'
It's worth checking that screen once in awhile just to see what's going on.

All the more reason I'm glad I bought the SGII.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #7
PJED's Tacoma Gallery
The SGII only gave me the code after the engine light came on. Maybe sooner, but I did not check then. Also, I tried the SGII on a friends 03 taco and it also did not give any S1B1 info. Maybe I will try programming different codes to see if I can get it to work. Now I am just curious.