1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dual exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Manofs, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Feb 2, 2008 at 12:24 AM
    Manofs

Manofs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    i am looking for a dual exhaust cat back, that comes straight out the back, i dont like the angled look where if comes out behind the tires. i have been looking for awhile and i cant find anything, i am thinking i might have to go custom, has anyone seen anything out there, all i can find is the exhaust the comes out behind the tires. i have a 2007, 4.0, 4x4, taco access cab

2. Feb 2, 2008 at 1:16 AM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    just cut it all off and dump it out the passenger side under the doors, what else would/could you want/need!?!?!?!??!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?

3. Feb 2, 2008 at 6:02 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    For that matter cut'um off past the cats ! :burnrubber: :eek::devil:

4. Feb 2, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I've been wanting the same thing..... but I don't think it exists on the newer tacomas. And perhaps it has a lot to do with the availability of space and routing of the exhaust.

I'll be happy getting a dual exit and I'm personally gonna settle for the side exits.

I think I'm gonna stick with flowmaster (had it on my Dodge). But I don't want a 50 series (that's all they offer currently). I want something softer.

5. Feb 3, 2008 at 3:00 AM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i had a 40 series 2 chamber and i think it sounded like crap, too tinny for some reason....and i did cut 2 of the cats off too lol

6. Feb 3, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i think mbrp makes a dual setup for 05+ tacomas that exits straight out the back instead of behind the wheels!! i just got rid of my custom dual exit(straight out the back) flowmaster exhaust. i went back to a single in/out flowmaster 40.........that muffler sounds awesome on the 4.0!!!

7. Feb 3, 2008 at 3:32 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Manofs,

I was looking through your pics in the gallery, and see the dual side exhaust, swept to the rear corner that is on your truck now.

Is that a custom set-up, or a kit? Or is that just a tip? If you don't mind the asking how much did that run you and where from? That is actually the look I have been trying to find.

8. Feb 15, 2008 at 10:15 PM
    gegundez

gegundez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Prerunner Dcab
    Overpriced stereo and alarm. MBRP Dual Exhaust.
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Feb 16, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    Manofs

Manofs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    hey mav, sorry man it is just a single back with dual tips nothing fancy. its a borla exhaust, sounds pretty sweet though. although i want something a little louder. and about the price, it was actually included in my truck when i bought it. i think it was somewhere around 300, but not too sure. sorry man would be cool if it was true dual exhaust.

10. Feb 17, 2008 at 7:31 PM
    95.5taco

95.5taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    i have seen a custom job where it is single exhaust with a dual outlet tip but comes out the rear quarter panel surrounded by a stainless steel cutout plate, looked very sick......hey at least you can buy kits to fit as standard mine are all expensive or has to be custom

Products Discussed in

To Top