Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Nst Pulley

Old 10-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nst Pulley

Ok well i bought a nst crank pulley and recived this with it lmao.

Has anyone else recived M&M's also? I think its pretty funny.
But i also got this so im good.

And im going to buy all the other pulleys and will be updateing this thread. Hopefully i get more M&M's..
Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
haha thats bada$$ they gave you a pulley with your order of m&m's hahaha
Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
make sure to buy each one separate so you can get more snacks!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I belive they include a bag with every purchase.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Dammit:

I need to call Mike and or Shane: Im due two packs of MnM's

The new Power Steering pulley is out. Cant wait til I redeploy... My avatar should spell it all out
Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Lol okay i was wandering why i got M&M's lol but its cool. At least i got something to snack on while i put it on lol.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
White Tank

Well, i think i screwed in the pulley holder bolt to much and it now my crankshaft seal in damaged and leaking oil... So now i have to buy a new seal and fix it.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
White Tank

And how did yall not damage the crank seal when you put the two bolts in? They line up right under were the seal goes and it pushed it in and up. But i sanded it down real good and put some jb weld on the outside were it took a little chunk out. And then im going to sand it down some more to get it as good as i possibly can. Then put the new seal in refill the oil and check for any leaks.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Those bolt holes aren't meant to actually pull the pulley in the way you did. They have two purposes:
one- to keep the pulley/crank from spinning while you remove the crankbolt
two- You only screw the bolts in far enough to use one of these

Old 10-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Those bolt holes aren't meant to actually pull the pulley in the way you did. They have two purposes:
one- to keep the pulley/crank from spinning while you remove the crankbolt
two- You only screw the bolts in far enough to use one of these

Thanks for the reply, but the pic you posted is a pulley puller that is used after the main 22mm bolt is removed. I was able to remove the pulley from the crank easy with my hands. I needed a method to stop the rotation of the pulley when I torqued the 22mm main bolt loose. I now figured a beltstrap or homemade tool may help me in this. I used an impact that had 150ftlbs on it but it never budged. Maybe a larger impact lol. Any ideas for when i install the nst pulley?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:05 AM   #12
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
Thanks for the reply, but the pic you posted is a pulley puller that is used after the main 22mm bolt is removed. I was able to remove the pulley from the crank easy with my hands. I needed a method to stop the rotation of the pulley when I torqued the 22mm main bolt loose. I now figured a beltstrap or homemade tool may help me in this. I used an impact that had 150ftlbs on it but it never budged. Maybe a larger impact lol. Any ideas for when i install the nst pulley?
That is one purpose of the holes in the pulley, to stop rotation. Put two bolts in the holes, make sure they don't extend behind it too far. Then you use a bar or extension place between the bolts to stop rotation as you torque it down. This pic is of a 3.4L pulley. You can fab up something similar. I have found that strap wrenches don't hold the pulley tight enough when you torque the crank bolt down.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
j31driver is on a distinguished road
Army: F.I.S.T.
Name: chris
j31driver's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody make pulley's for the 2.7 4 banger?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #14

Marines:
http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGe...7-66AC4AD18CC7
Old 10-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #16
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Yeah take it from sockmonkey and myself. DO NOT buy the alt pulley. It's not worth it and will probably overdrive your alternator to the point that it breaks itself. And if you can actually get the alt pulley off to begin with... Get the water pulley though, it's worth it, as the truck seems to accelerate smoother...
or, if you have to have one.....buy mine
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...or-pulley.html
Old 04-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
are they difficult to install?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
are they difficult to install?
\

No... It should take less than 20 min. the Alt pulley is a little harder. I just pulled the alternator out. Used an air rachet to remove and replace. Slapped the Alt back in. Hardest part was driving over to the shop to borrow the air tool...