LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD Intake Oil

Old 10-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Intake Oil

Where do I get the oil to oil up the pleats on my TRD Intake? Im gonna clean it this weekend
Old 10-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I found a cleaning kit by K&N. It comes with the oil and cleaning solution for their intakes. You guys think this will work on the TRD intake? Are all the oils the same?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Airaid intake and I used the K&N cleaning kit on it. Seemed to do the trick quite nicely.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I have an Airaid intake and I used the K&N cleaning kit on it. Seemed to do the trick quite nicely.
nice. the kit you used had the oil and cleaner?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
yep all that stuff is about the same i get it at the harley shop for my harley and truck for free i just grab there bulk bottle when im at work
Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Hi
nice. Maybe Ill pick up a kit
Old 10-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
nice. the kit you used had the oil and cleaner?
Sure did. Finger pump cleaner and a red aerosol spray oil.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the k&n kit will work fine for an trd,airaid or similar kit.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The K&N oil is different than the aFe/TRD filter oil. The K&N is petroleum based and the aFe is vegetable based and I am told works better and does not contaminate the MAF like the K&N oil does.

If you want a smoking deal on an aFe cleaning and oil kit let me know. I must have 30 of them and I need to get rid of them. No idea how we ended up with so many of them.

Gadget
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
well there we go i could use a bottle for my truck my harley doesnt have a maf just a big 44mm carb
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
Resident Jackass

Not going to lie. I don't like the idea of a vegetable based oil on my vehicle. Don't really want it breaking down and going rancid or decomposing on me.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #12
SCMtaco is on a distinguished road
SCMtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
The K&N oil is different than the aFe/TRD filter oil. The K&N is petroleum based and the aFe is vegetable based and I am told works better and does not contaminate the MAF like the K&N oil does.

If you want a smoking deal on an aFe cleaning and oil kit let me know. I must have 30 of them and I need to get rid of them. No idea how we ended up with so many of them.

Gadget
I'd like an aFe cleaning kit if you can hook it up. I PM'd you a few days ago. Thanks.

Products Discussed in this Thread