Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

bumfungled is my word

Old 02-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
bumfungled is my word

I am new to the forum and was happy to find the TSB mod on here. I took my truck to the local dealer and without any hassles at all they ordered the parts without really looking at it. With the new leafs and shocks (are not for sure if I was suppose to get shocks, but I did) it raised the rear some. The PROBLEM is I went to toytec and ordered the 3'' front spacers and had them installed too but the front is higher than the rear now.. My math was a little off on measurements. SO............ what to do, should I buy the add-a-leaf and complete the TAC3-05-AL or put in block spacer, the mechanic (long time friend recommended taking out the single spacer making it a 2 or 2.5 inch front spacer) I love the look but not sire what to do. I was just going to level front to rear. ????? does the add - a - leaf make the drive shaft have to be ajusted?? whats the best route......
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think you can add a leaf after you've had the TSB done. i think you are stuck with blocks
Old 02-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I was thinking myself, Will adding blocks make you have to change the drive shaft angle..
Old 02-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Yep. Block is the word. Besides, if you did an AAL now your back end would be hard as a rock.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD934 View Post
Thats what I was thinking myself, Will adding blocks make you have to change the drive shaft angle..
not to my knowledge. actually it may depend on how much of a lift you add but if you do something small like an inch or so you should be fine. I'm planning on putting a one inch block on my truck since i already have teh TSB done. i'd like another option since i dont like the idea of blocks but so far i dont know of any that are fairly in-expensive
Old 02-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You can put in an Add-a-leaf with any leaf pak.....

Personally, I hate AAL's.

Blocks? Only if your driving on the street. If you ever plan on going offroading - be prepared for those blocks to come shooting outta there with full force. It's not pretty. I've seen countless blocks break and come out while on the trails.

The best way to get lift for the rear - is a completely NEW leaf pak that's designed for the lift you want. Perhaps you could sell those newly installed TSB springs to someone who can't get them (under warrantee)
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
frankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura about

frankrizzo1's Tacoma Gallery
Remove spacers, install 5100 adjustable shocks at 1.75 = better ride and perfect height. Done
Old 10-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo1 View Post
Remove spacers, install 5100 adjustable shocks at 1.75 = better ride and perfect height. Done
nice thread dig up.... check the dates!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
frankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
nice thread dig up.... check the dates!
And your point is?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
That it's kinda pointless to bump a thread with advice that hasn't been touched in more than a year and a half...Specially when there are tons of more recent threads with the same or better answers.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
That it's kinda pointless to bump a thread with advice that hasn't been touched in more than a year and a half...Specially when there are tons of more recent threads with the same or better answers.
he's just mad he didnt see the date first and that I called him out and then you had my back...