Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Brand new Magnaflow exaust!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Brand new Magnaflow exaust!

I just got back from my local muffler shop across the street from my house. After waiting all morning for the nice guy's at Dave's Chico Mufflers to finish up the work i finally got to take it out. I really like the sound, its pretty bassy and it picked up the throttle response a decent amount. i will post pictures in a bit.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
11secgt is on a distinguished road

11secgt's Tacoma Gallery
please do !! i have a magnaflow catback on my stang and its badass...always get compliments on it...
Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i just took the pictures, but i am putting together my scosche dash kit for my pioneer DEH p6800mp deck at the moment in my house shouldn't take me too long though...
Old 02-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
Nice choice man!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
1killerkaw will become famous soon enough

1killerkaw's Tacoma Gallery
I have been debating on a 3" cat back magnaflow. From what I've read, it may get worse fuel economy if I do this. That's the last thing I need.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killerkaw View Post
I have been debating on a 3" cat back magnaflow. From what I've read, it may get worse fuel economy if I do this. That's the last thing I need.
I think i heard about this too maybe because the back pressure is decreased to much?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #7

Not necassarily because of the 3". I've heard of this with 2.5" systems as well.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #8
Blinking Car Mod...

i could understand your theory behind the decreased back pressure. i haven't noticed a lack of gas mileage yet, but i have only been through one tank since the install. i will keep track of the mileage i get and put my info up when i get the chance. the truck sounds great though i bet the gas mileage is just a little affected by my new found enjoyment of my exhaust tone.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #9

I watched a vid on youtube with a 4.0 tacoma that had a 3" magnaflow cat-back exhaust and it sounded alot throatier than the 2.5" systems.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
SCMtaco is on a distinguished road
SCMtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey RedruM29 I'm in Chico as well, I wanna check out your truck
Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
Blinking Car Mod...

yeah i live on seventh and chestnut pm me and you could roll over. By the way my ability to put the pictures on the site was foiled because my camera was stolen at a party soooo i could get a new camera or get mods for my truck
Old 02-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #12
midV6size is on a distinguished road
midV6size's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killerkaw View Post
Problem is you shouldn't use a 3" exhaust with a V-6!! I believe that a 2 1/2" would be better. Less back pressure loss. A 3" system would be better for a V-8.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by midV6size View Post
Problem is you shouldn't use a 3" exhaust with a V-6!! I believe that a 2 1/2" would be better. Less back pressure loss. A 3" system would be better for a V-8.
Correct me if im wrong, but it depends on the power you want. Typically a larger diameter system with less back pressure will yield more bottom-mid range power (where you usually drive), and a system with more back pressure will give more top end power(and possibly more peak power), but may actually take away bottom end. At least this is how it is on my Honda TRX450. When i put in the "quiet core" on my Yosi exhaust (smaller diameter, more backpressure) it yields a nice top end pull, but completely kills my bottom end power and forces me to shift alot more.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
Blinking Car Mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but it depends on the power you want. Typically a larger diameter system with less back pressure will yield more bottom-mid range power (where you usually drive), and a system with more back pressure will give more top end power(and possibly more peak power), but may actually take away bottom end. At least this is how it is on my Honda TRX450. When i put in the "quiet core" on my Yosi exhaust (smaller diameter, more backpressure) it yields a nice top end pull, but completely kills my bottom end power and forces me to shift alot more.
Spot on Xtreme.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #15

What about using a more restrictive muffler with bigger piping? I think it would be about the same amount of back pressure with a less restrictive muffler like a turbo style muffler (quiet) with 3" tubing vs. a straight through design with 2.5" tubing. Another thing to remember is the bends in the tubing. Pinch bends create more back pressure vs. mandrel bends that create less back pressure. Again you could get away with a bigger diameter tubing. The exhaust manifolds and both sets of catalytic converters on the 4.0 create quite a bit of back pressure also.