Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake and Exhaust

Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
cathrillseekers is on a distinguished road
cathrillseekers's Tacoma Gallery
Intake and Exhaust

I am looking to get an new intake and exhaust. How does TRO's compare to K&N air intake kit and the Borla exhaust? I am sure they are all about the same in numbers. Let me know.

Thanks...JT
Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, they're all over priced and over rated except for the URD TCAI intake. As for exhaust you'll get the best bang for your buck by choosing a good muffler and have a muffler shop put it in. Cat Back exhaust systems are way overpriced for just a muffler and some pipe.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I second PB. I have the URD and it works great. I also have the MAF calibrator, but I don't have it installed yet.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
IMO, they're all over priced and over rated except for the URD TCAI intake. As for exhaust you'll get the best bang for your buck by choosing a good muffler and have a muffler shop put it in. Cat Back exhaust systems are way overpriced for just a muffler and some pipe.
X3 man, either get the URD which is a true cold air or just get a high flow drop in filter and not a K&N oil soaked air filter.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
cathrillseekers is on a distinguished road
cathrillseekers's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

URD Exhaust isn't worth it? Honestly I just want a throater sound and if I make some more power, I know you won't really notice it. I new to the Tacoma. Had a 89 toyo truck. I have a highly mod jeep. I have borla and K&N with my 4.0 L bored out to 4.6. Love the low end torque for crawling. I am looking to lift this in a year or so to run 35 MTRs. Just want something that makes it a little more gutsy on the freeway.