Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Best air intake system

Old 11-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Turfman is on a distinguished road

Name: Lance
Turfman's Tacoma Gallery
Best air intake system

Wanna know the best intake system to put in my truck that is affordable.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
For the money K&N is supposed to be great...but I think the best is the URD True CAI
Old 11-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Stock or a K&N drop in filter.

IMO over the years being in the performance car scene you really aren't going to get much power out of an intake. It might sound better and look fancy but you might get maybe 3-4HP which IMO isn't worth the money spent. Don't believe all the BS people tell you about how much power they made. Ask them for the dyno charts to prove it.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Stock or a K&N drop in filter.

IMO over the years being in the performance car scene you really aren't going to get much power out of an intake. It might sound better and look fancy but you might get maybe 3-4HP which IMO isn't worth the money spent. Don't believe all the BS people tell you about how much power they made. Ask them for the dyno charts to prove it.
x2 I've heard this many O times...I heard the drop ins are the way to go. Pro Dry AFE drop ins are the best I heard
Old 11-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think any of em are worth it over the stock setup with a high flow filter element.

It comes from the factory with a CAI...

I've also heard some complaints of low end torque loss with the after market intakes.

The most you'd get out if it is probably more of an air sucking sound when quickly jumping the throttle.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #6

Turfman's Tacoma Gallery
What place would yall recommend me getting one?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZombie View Post
I don't think any of em are worth it over the stock setup with a high flow filter element.

It comes from the factory with a CAI...

I've also heard some complaints of low end torque loss with the after market intakes.

The most you'd get out if it is probably more of an air sucking sound when quickly jumping the throttle.
it may loose from the low end but you should see more gains in the upper rpms
Old 11-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #9

Turfman's Tacoma Gallery
Preciate all the help.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
Stop talking and START wheeling
RicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really nice

Army: Co.C 6/31st Inf.
RicnDenver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
For the money K&N is supposed to be great...but I think the best is the URD True CAI

great idea, looks sweet, i dont think it would be a good idea on my rig as it sees mud and water crossings, but damn looke like a very clean install