Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Air filter upgrade

Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Air filter upgrade

After reading posts here and doing some online research I decided on upgrading to an aFe Pro Dry S OEM replacement air filter. I won't make any "butt dyno" estimates but the scangauge shows 26.2 mpg for todays commute which is pretty amazing on winter gas. Last Febuary I was only averaging about 22mpg.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
After reading posts here and doing some online research I decided on upgrading to an aFe Pro Dry S OEM replacement air filter. I won't make any "butt dyno" estimates but the scangauge shows 26.2 mpg for todays commute which is pretty amazing on winter gas. Last Febuary I was only averaging about 22mpg.
I only have 700+ miles on the truck and just filled up and got 17.2 mpg around town. I may just have to put the stock one in for one tank again to compare, now that it seems to be loosening up a little.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Butt dyno result!!!!

I had reason to actually floor it today and my butt dyno says that the combination of the Pro Dry S and no secondary filter definately improved full throttle power.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:18 AM   #4
bcass77 is on a distinguished road
bcass77's Tacoma Gallery
About to pull the trigger on the aFe Pro Dry S and have a question. I've done the searches and didn't want to start "another filter thread"... How does the filtration efficiency of these filters compare to the stock paper filters?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 AM   #5
My other ride has sails

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I found test results online comparing several brands of filters and they're supposed to be as good or better. I wouldn't have risked putting the filter on the truck if it didn't filter well. I think maverick491 has used one for a while and had found no dust on the engine side of the filter.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
ChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud of
ChibbMD's Tacoma Gallery
On their website it didn't mention that they were making OEM replacement drop-in filters yet. Are they available?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #7
My other ride has sails

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibbMD View Post
On their website it didn't mention that they were making OEM replacement drop-in filters yet. Are they available?
Sure are!
Part Number:31-10123
MSRP:$30.88
UPC:80295931092