Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Seriously! FlowMaster 40 or 50 Series?

Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Question Seriously! FlowMaster 40 or 50 Series?

Ok i know use the search feature, and i have but everybody seems like there saying each one is better than the other. So here is my question I have an 07 prerunner 4.0 and i want a DEEP LOUD exhaust. Which is better the Flow 40 or 50 or is it some other brand. I also heard and saw on youtube that 'cherry bombextreme' were loud. So please help and tell me what you have and if you like it and if its LOUD. Also did it hurt or help gas milage, and did you run single in dual out or what? Thanks for help.
Brett TX
Old 02-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go with the 40.....defdinitely louder than the 50 series(which is basically called their suv muffler).

check out my sig...as i have a link in there with my 40 series with duals.....dont have the duals anymore, just single in/out flowmaster 40, but you'll get the idea!!!

actually...here it is.......

Old 02-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
get the 40! i got mine a couple months ago, and love it. it will definitely be louder than the 50. it's nice and low too, none of that ricer sound.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Why'd ya get rid of the duals?

actually...the place that installed em did a half ass and lazy job, so they made it to where i had to have my spare in the bed, and i got tired of that shit. it can be done(duals and leaving the spare alone), but i didnt wanna pay $300 again, so i got the single in/out 40 installed and used one of my stainless tips. still looks and sounds good to me.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
get the 40! i got mine a couple months ago, and love it. it will definitely be louder than the 50. it's nice and low too, none of that ricer sound.
Did you run single in/out or single in dual out? The reason i ask is some friends of mine said i will lose gas mileage if i do the dual out but i have read online that you wont so i was wondering what happened to you.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
Ben_Schwarz_09 is on a distinguished road
Ben_Schwarz_09's Tacoma Gallery
if you want a better sound go with the Flowmaster 40 delta, if you want more mpgs go with the Magnaflow
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11

here is the flowmaster 40 dual
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #10
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11

and another
Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Schwarz_09 View Post
if you want a better sound go with the Flowmaster 40 delta, if you want more mpgs go with the Magnaflow
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post

here is the flowmaster 40 dual
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post

and another
Thanks guys I went with the Flowmaster 40 single in dual out and i love it.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Thanks guys I went with the Flowmaster 40 single in dual out and i love it.
good deal. they sound awesome on the 4.0. thats the first exhaust i had on my 06.....single in/dual out 40!!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
i have 2 40series and went with true duals... sounds frickin awsome man!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #15
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
I got the super 40 single in/out I like it. My brother and his friends say "It sounds like a civic." They do it just to piss me off. I love the sound of it. I wanted dual but I didn't have the money to spend.