Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

New Body Style Tacoma

Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #21
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
what if it looked like this: http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/o/k/07FordF150_01.jpg

oh the horror at least that ugle POS above is a toyota..
Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #22
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Yep... thats the A-Bat, but you never know what they may thinking when they make their choice for body style...
yeah seriously lets
Old 12-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
This would be the only other Tacoma Model i would know of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1HO0pMCxbQ

Old 12-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #24
Kirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud ofKirtsky has much to be proud of
Name: Kirt
Kirtsky's Tacoma Gallery
they are both right about the year, A 2013 model will be released in 2012.

Hell, some companies have released cars as early as June and branded them as the next years model!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #25
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Im thinking it will be like the new 4runner. Which would be great.

The 4runner is the awesome rigid FJ/Prado frame. Can be had with a manual t-case and the new V6. I anticipate the styling queues to match the Sequoia/Tundra/4runner.

I have always felt that the Tacoma has been an afterthought to appease us Americans using little of Toyotas great R&D. As easy as it could be to platform share with one of Toyotas more stout vehicles, they fail to do so.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #26
Go with the flow
Hologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Hologram's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #27
tacopuppy is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
tacopuppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
Im thinking it will be like the new 4runner. Which would be great.

The 4runner is the awesome rigid FJ/Prado frame. Can be had with a manual t-case and the new V6. I anticipate the styling queues to match the Sequoia/Tundra/4runner.

I have always felt that the Tacoma has been an afterthought to appease us Americans using little of Toyotas great R&D. As easy as it could be to platform share with one of Toyotas more stout vehicles, they fail to do so.
I suspect the same thing as you. I anticipate a more angular/squared-off design on the exterior--especially on the front end.

You might have a good point on the R&D thing, too. I'm on my third Tacoma and it is absolutely my favorite vehicle, but I honestly feel Toyota doesn't put much into it compared to the rest of the line. Our highlander is so damn quiet, smooth, low-maintenance, and efficient it is ridiculous. I want to fall asleep driving the thing. The tundra is very similar. Tacoma is still better than the rest, though.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #28
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
2012 is the redesign... A buddy of mine works at our local dealership, and he has said that the Tacomas wont look like the new 4Runners at all. Maybe the headlights, but thats it
Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #29
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
whos argueing??
Old 02-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #30
S-M-R-T will become famous soon enoughS-M-R-T will become famous soon enough
S-M-R-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
At least it is a diesel.

I would love to buy love to buy one of these with a newer engine. You just can't find these without rust in Canada anymore. 2740lbs curb weight. Approach angle that isn't completely useless.

I am glad that Toyota finally axed the A-Bat concept. Wow holy useless Batman! Not that I predict the next Tacoma to be anything but based on its current offerings
Old 02-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #31
Mickey is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
Mickey's Tacoma Gallery
ditto

I'd like to see a much smaller run-about pickup, as in the old days, whether they call it Tacoma or not. ... somethiing light enough to get 30+ mpg highway etc.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #32
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
theyre coming out with it in 2012

i went to the dealer and talked to a sales guy about it

he said "all i can tell you is, they willl be coing out with a new bodystyle in 2012 and there is a picture on the internet somwhere"

i have yet to find the picture
the picture floating around the internet is probably the photoshopped 4runner that krookz made

Old 02-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #33
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
the picture floating around the internet is probably the photoshopped 4runner that krookz made

Old 02-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #34
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

hmmm,not sure on that.have to see in person.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #35
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Well if you really want a new body style, just take a sledge hammer to your current one

Just kidding, DO NOT DO THAT!
Oooops!!!!!!!

Already did.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #36
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

badass... in flat black and access cab
Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #37
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully that'll be the x runner...

Wait that was kind of mean...