Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Recommend Sparking pins for a 3.4L

Old 01-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
Baddad is on a distinguished road

Baddad's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend Sparking pins for a 3.4L

Hey all, I have a 2004 3.4 litre in my 4x4 Tacoma. I've heard that there are 2 different type plugs that you are required to use in this particular engine....is that true? It only has 30K on it and this it's first tune up. Do you recommend that I use Toyota spark plugs, or can I get away with some NGK or Denso's? Some guys swear by the factory plugs, while others say that it's no big deal. to use aftermarket....I'M SO CONFUSED

Any help is GREATLY appreciated
Old 01-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Baddad is on a distinguished road

Baddad's Tacoma Gallery
Went to Toyota today and bought a set of standard Toyota Nippon Denso plugs ($3.29 each). They are the same plug for all 6 cylinders, the guy that told me they had 2 different plug for each bank was jerking my wee wee :-P

3.4Liter Tacoma 6 cylinder - Toyota Part Number K16TR11

Just an FYI
Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
the 3.4l v6's actually come from the factory with 2 different sets of plugs. denso in one bank and ngk in the other, i think its because of the wasted spark ignition system on the 5vz motors.when replacing it doesn't madder as long as you use a twin electrode plug. if you wanted some iridiums you could have used those as well, but they're $15 each.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
yotaman is on a distinguished road
yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Stick with oem parts.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman View Post
Stick with oem parts.
what are the benefits about OEM sparking pins? besides name brand
Old 02-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
what are the benefits about OEM sparking pins? besides name brand
quality. they are cheap too.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #7
TRD-Elkaholic is on a distinguished road
TRD-Elkaholic's Tacoma Gallery
ya the ngks and densos are the best plugs on the market, in my opinion. So thats what Im sticking with for my truck. Toyota put them in for a reason.