1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom True Dual Exhaust, Pics!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 6whiteboy9, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Mar 7, 2008 at 5:39 PM
    6whiteboy9

6whiteboy9 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 07 TRD sport 4x4 6 Speed Manuel
    Custom True Dual Exhaust W/ X Pipe & Magnaflow Muffler coming out Sport Truck style on same side. Limo Tinted Windows all the way around. Clifford Alarm system w/ monitering & paging system. ram air intake. black headlights.
    I have done some reading on here & ALOT of people seem to have questions about exhaust systems for there truck.

I wanted to post some pics of the Custom True Dual setup I hade made so everyone can see how I did it & I also explain why I did mine the way I did. Hopefully people will use this info & get ideas for there own custom setups!!

& also let everyone see that you can go above & behond whats available besides the typical "bolt ons" that are out there

I wanted a "true Dual" setup all the way through that would be a high flow/ high velocity system. So I came up with this Sport Truck style setup....

[​IMG]

I had the exhaust exit threw the right side of the truck before the back tires. By doing this you eliminate around 6-7 feet or more worth of tubing!

This means less weight. As well as the exhaust does not have to travel as far & therefore will exit the vehical quicker.

The quicker the exhaust can get out, the better/snappier your throttle response will be.

The shorter exhaust system will also give you better gas milaege, better/snappier throttle response, more horspower & torgue, & a very deep aggressive unique sound.
    This setup also eliminates around 5 bends/restrictions or so in the exhaust as it no longer has to curve around the rear axle.

Anyways enough of my babble Lol, here's some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's how it was done, these pics were taken by a camera phone so they arent the best quality.
    Also I recently went mudding & didnt wash underneith my truck Lol.. So it's a lil dirty!!!

[​IMG]

pipes-bends1_784a7017f2c1b3f5467902723680237e2145d27f.jpg

[​IMG]

The system was desgined to use the Factory Hangers

Right hanger-

[​IMG]

Left hanger-

[​IMG]

The design is very simple! Cut the stock pipes off, run a straight pipe on the right side. Then use two mandrel bends on the left side! You can either cut your stock pipes before or after your back 2 cats & then weld the new pipes to the old ones! Very simple.

Believe it or not thats actually a stainless steel Magnaflow muffler those pipes are connecting to!

I orignnally had this setup done with two Flowmaster mufflers & it sounded HOrrible!!!
    I would not recommend anyone get flowmaster!!

Not only did it sound like crap but it feels faster & has better response with the magnaflow. Has a real nice deep grow to it also =]

Specs; The pipes are 2.5" mandrel bent tubing & the muffler is a Stainless Magnaflow with an X-Pipe built into it. Then used two 4" stainless exhaust tips to top it off!

from the muffler the pipes are then ran straight back a few more inches & then bend out to the right before the back tires, one simple bend! Also notice the angle of the bend, obviously had we used too much piping and done a 90 degree bend instead of a 60 then that would be more restictive!

again the pipes are a lil dirty Lol.. But you can see how it was done!! is the point!

pipes_a2658f82f2062ab717e2897a007c13598ad69812.jpg

The hanger on the Right uses the Factory mount, the hanger on the Left was added for extra stregth.

pipes1_2615c535bbe71c9aa4906107cc9bb6083551b881.jpg

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think! I wanna hear opinions =]

Also let me know if the pics dont post because this is my first post on here, not sure if I did it right?

2. Mar 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    That is one nice setup!!

3. Mar 7, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    6whiteboy9

6whiteboy9 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 07 TRD sport 4x4 6 Speed Manuel
    Custom True Dual Exhaust W/ X Pipe & Magnaflow Muffler coming out Sport Truck style on same side. Limo Tinted Windows all the way around. Clifford Alarm system w/ monitering & paging system. ram air intake. black headlights.
    Also, fabbed up this Cold Air Intake real quick to complement the exhaust! Really made all the difference in the world in combination with the exhaust

Sounds like a V8 now Lol

[​IMG]

Some 3" tubing, Two 3" silicone tubing adapters, & a 3" Mass Air flow senser adapter from a previous build that happened to mate with the toyota maf senser perfect!
    & one cheap wire based filter, for now.

Total cost; around $25 !!!

Does basically the same job as the more expensive kits available for the Tacoma! I can now service my air filter, & I now have the hp, gas milage, & deep sound that I wanted.

& No check engine light =]

[​IMG]

I intend on making the intake pipe longer & possible running it around to the front like the URD system.
    Or even doing a "dual air filter" setup. i think that would be pretty cool =]

That would be around $10-$20 bucks worth the materials & MAYBE 30 minutes to fabb it. I don't see why companys charge nearly $300-$400 for some intakes.

Let me know your opinions on the intake as well guys, I appreciate EVERONES opinion & ideas

4. Mar 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    The exhaust is pretty bad ass. That is kind of what I am looking to do, though atleast to my eye truck exhaust is supposed to exit behind the rear wheel, but I like your set-up. Would you happen to have any audio clips of how this sounds? And perhaps a model number for the muffler you used?

5. Mar 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    isnt that short ram gonna pull in heat from the exhaust manifolds?

6. Mar 7, 2008 at 6:42 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    it looks sweet. now lets hear it

Products Discussed in

To Top