Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Magnaflow, Borla or Flowmasters?

Old 03-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
79goldeneagle is on a distinguished road

79goldeneagle's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow, Borla or Flowmasters?

Plan on buying the muffler and installing 2 1/2" pipes myself. Much Cheaper.....
Single or double from muffler back. not sure?
Any help?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
jmslangdon3 is on a distinguished road
jmslangdon3's Tacoma Gallery
I like my magna flow on my 2.7 liter. Also switched to a high flow cat makes it alot louder.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
flowmaster 40 series.....no doubt!! here is my soundclip........

this is my single in/dual out setup that i had(got rid of it because guys at muffler shop got lazy,couldnt fit my spare back in)......switched over to single in/out flowmaster 40........but it still sounds awesome!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
It just depends on how much you want to spend and how loud you want it. Borla is the most expensive....then Flowmaster.....and Magnaflow.
Flowmaster and Magnaflow are very similar but in my opinoin Flowmaster is better quality. I've heard a Gibson catback single in/single out setup on an 06' 4.0 and wasnt too loud but he said it gave him a little more performance.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a Flowmaster 40 series single in dual out and I LOVE it i just put two turndowns on it and it sounds great, it has a nice deep rumble and with my Volant CAI my acceleration as increased alot too.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #6

How long are your turndowns and what size tubing are you running from the cat back? Also, hows the interior noise?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79goldeneagle View Post
How long are your turndowns and what size tubing are you running from the cat back? Also, hows the interior noise?
There pretty short i should have got 11" ones but i forgot to ask oh well can always get them later, and i think its 3" because stock on an 07 is 2.5 i think, but i can 'feel' that the back pressure went down. As for the cabin noise is not to bad when just driving around town the same when your on the highway as long as you keep it below 75, but it does get loud in the cabin when you really punch it.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #8

Thanks, I may give that a try. I plan on buying the muffler separate, i've located a Borla for just $105 bucks. I'll just have a local muffler shop tie it in...
Old 03-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79goldeneagle View Post
Thanks, I may give that a try. I plan on buying the muffler separate, i've located a Borla for just $105 bucks. I'll just have a local muffler shop tie it in...
Yeah i had everything done on my mine at a muffler shop for 125 bucks total.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #10

That's a great deal....
I may need to visit the locals and see what they have on the shelves...
Old 03-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
Yeah i would i thought it would be an arm and a leg to have them do it but i was wrong and it only took them one hour from when i walked in to when i drove out which is way faster than i could have done.