Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD CAI specs needed, please help.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
knickerbocker is on a distinguished road

knickerbocker's Tacoma Gallery
TRD CAI specs needed, please help.

hey everyone. i'm interested in the TRD CAI but i don't like oiled filters, so i got in touch with afe tech support about their pro-dry S filters, to see if they made one that would fit in the TRD setup, but he needs some numbers. if anybody has one and could pull some filter size measurements for me it'd be a great help, then i'll let everybody know what we find out.

and hopefully somebody else knows what exactly he means: "Please provide me with the following dimensions; Flange ID, Widest spot, the top & the height of the filter media. I'll check those numbers agaist our filters and see what we get."

thanks again.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
FYI: there's also the AEM Dryflow. I used one on my Altima. Price, about $40.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #3

also, if anyone has another type of CAI and is interested to see if there is a dry filter to fit it, take those measurements and i'll ask about it too.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knickerbocker View Post
hey everyone. i'm interested in the TRD CAI but i don't like oiled filters, so i got in touch with afe tech support about their pro-dry S filters, to see if they made one that would fit in the TRD setup, but he needs some numbers. if anybody has one and could pull some filter size measurements for me it'd be a great help, then i'll let everybody know what we find out.

and hopefully somebody else knows what exactly he means: "Please provide me with the following dimensions; Flange ID, Widest spot, the top & the height of the filter media. I'll check those numbers agaist our filters and see what we get."

thanks again.
Give him the following link, and tell him to look up afe part number 54-81162 in his system.
http://www.afefilters.com/gendesc.php?partno=54-81162

AFE makes the TRD intake, so he should have all that information at his fingertips. I'd also suggest that you purchase it from AFE unless you really care about the lid of the airbox saying TRD instead of AFE

Or to make it easier for both you and the AFE guy here are the replacement part numbers straight out of their instruction manual.

Part List:
1) Air Filter Replacement P/N ( 24-91021,
Pro Guard 7 72-90044 or Pro Dry S 21-90044 )
Old 03-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #5

man. okay. wow. how do you know all that? or better...why doesn't the afe "tech" guy know all that? at any rate, thanks for the help. i appreciate it. and no i never liked all the red color that trd put on their intake. nothing else on or in my truck is red. i thought it would look silly.

so, the offer still stands if anyone wants to send me some measurements to ask this guy about, if you still have confidence in his knowledge. thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TRD CAI on my 08 Tacoma. Which part # for the Pro Dry S did he say would fit?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
I have the TRD CAI on my 08 Tacoma. Which part # for the Pro Dry S did he say would fit?
Pro Dry S 21-90044
Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
This might sound stupid but what do you have to do to actually replace the air filter on the TRD CAI?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
This might sound stupid but what do you have to do to actually replace the air filter on the TRD CAI?
check the other post you made.....unscrew the band clamp, and pull the filter off....all there is to it.