Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cheap Exhaust

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Cheap Exhaust

I found an exhaust for about $270 on e-bay. Do you think its a good buy, or should i just pass on this one and buy a name brand exhaust????
Heres the link to it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI
Old 03-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
does not look to bad to me it does have some quality in it with the mandrel-bends most of your poor quailty exhaust have crushed bends big hp kill the price is pretty good
Old 03-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
One of the best reasons, besides HP increase, to install an exhuast is for the note(Great exhaust note atracks attention)... If you go with a unknown brand you are really gambling. And not that im an advocate for spending cash but under 300 for a full catback sounds cheap, so I would question the quality first. And 2nd, if an exhuast could trully claim 30HP, then im sure we'd all be running this exhaust.

Research a little more. Just trying to help. I like my Borla, but yeah pricey. Heard lots happy with Flowmaster.. your options are out there..

Good luck..
Old 03-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

...the last thing i want is a "ricer" sounding exhaust, i guess i'll take a chance w/ this one...i can always re-sell it if i don't like it
Old 03-09-2008, 03:02 AM   #6
6whiteboy9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Infantry
6whiteboy9's Tacoma Gallery
I would say go for it, Looks pretty high quality to me!
Stainless steel muffler, smooth mandrel bends, Stainless tip & you can't argue with the price!! Im sure it you wont be dissapointed.

You probly won't see the ridiculas power gains that are claimed (as with any system) but you will see a difference.

I bought my Brother an Exhaust off Ebay for his Honda Civic for xmas & it sounded great!

Normally systems like what I got are like $500-600, but this was like under $300!

Yeah It was an unkown brand, but I was amazed at the quality! Seriously, You would have thought it was a name brand!
He gets complements all the time from people that have name brand stuff wanting to know what he has because his sounds better!

The bends were all smooth & mandrel, the entire system was stainless steel & fit perfect!

I even found some stainless steel headers & high flow cats (again none-name brand) new out of the box for dirt cheap! His car runs way better now..

Ebay is the shit!!

Keep in mind the one you are looking at is for a CREW CAB LONG BED! Not sure if that is what you have, double check & but Make sure you are buying what fits YOUR truck!

Also, MAKE SURE IT INCLUDES ANY GASKETS OR BOLTS YOU MAY NEED!
I didnt see any mention of Gaskets or Bolts in the ad, & you will need a new gasket!
Double check with them before you buy it, they should include those things with the system & it makes the install much more painless when everything you need is there.

ALSO BEFORE YOU BUY IT, TAKE A LOOK AT THIS

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2579684.aspx

This system is $290! It's $20 more but it has FREE shipping so you will actually save $30!
it's a Gibson which is in fact a name brand!

This is for the allumized system, If you want Stainless steel then you'll be paying $390.
the only problem I see with this system is that only everything from the muffler back is pictured? does that mean thats all thats included?

As where the other system shows from the Y-pipe back, which would in fact be better.

It's up to you but there's my two cents.. well more like ten cents haha

Hope I helped & good luck with your new exhaust!!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #7
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
I sent down to my local muffler shop when i was researching exhaust and they quoted me $270 for flowmaster cat back installed. I would shop around some more. You dont want to end up with a ricey exhaust. It really all just comes down to finding one that makes the noise you like.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
just have an exhaust shop cut your old mufler out, weld in the muffler of your choice, and even add a nice shiny tip on.....you can probably do this for around and probably no more than $150.....and its basically the same thing as an expensive catback.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #9

Well, i bought it. I seriously hope i don't regret this purchase.... Now, im thinking its gonna be too loud because i have a True Flow XDI intake. Oh well, i guess i have to wait to see. It came out to a total of $271.25. I'm going to install it myself. Thanks for everyone's quick replys.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #11

Well, i recieved it today. talk about Quick Shipping!! Anyway, i'll probalby install it either tomorrow or saturday.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
how did she sound? i've seen the same kit on ebay and was wondering if it was worth the gamble of quality, performance, and sound over a "name brand"....
Old 04-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
how did she sound? i've seen the same kit on ebay and was wondering if it was worth the gamble of quality, performance, and sound over a "name brand"....
I think it sounds pretty good.....not TOO loud and and it doesn't sound ricey. Part of the stock exhaust needs to be cut off and re-used on the new exhaust. If you have an intake, the sound will be even better. I have the exhaust and intake on mine. I'm getting headers soon, so it will be even louder....
Old 04-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
GET SOME!!!
gbo-1148 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SECURITY FORCES
gbo-1148's Tacoma Gallery
how much louder than stock is it?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #15

Hey, sorry for the late response.....
Its definitely louder, but not "annoying" loud. It doesn't sound "ricey" either. Overall, im happy with it. I do have an intake, so that helps make it a little bit louder. When you floor it, it sounds mean!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #16
GET SOME!!!
gbo-1148 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SECURITY FORCES
gbo-1148's Tacoma Gallery
does it grumble at idle?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbo-1148 View Post
does it grumble at idle?
It has a different sound to it, but i wouldn't say it rumbles at idle. I'm eventually getting headers, so hopefully with the headers it will rumble a little...
Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #18
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
You Get What You Pay For.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
You Get What You Pay For.
Its all good.......I'm happy with it.

Products Discussed in this Thread