Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD supercharger install pictures

Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #41
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novakills View Post
If I remember, I'll check my injectors tonight. I had LASIK last month and currently have 20/10 vision.
They r yellow, I just took them out and replaced them with 668cc APR injectors
Old 01-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #42
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
Well I looked at mine again. They sure look orange to me.

Im a electrician by trade. I need to see phase colors. LOL

brown, orange, yellow, and gray for 477v +
black, red, blue, and white for 120-240
then greens.

Not to mention the ungodly amount of colors for controls and electronics. This maybe why my controls always need troubleshooting after Im done.

So would u consider a burnt yellow as the color?

Either way I know you'll be stoked when u get the blower on
Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #43
jarvis210 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
jarvis210's Tacoma Gallery
I have about 2000 miles since the install of the supercharger and i can not believe how much i love this thing.....
Old 01-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #44
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I have done this recently also. I spent a few months watching ebay. I paid $2800 for my kit. They pop up, you just have to be patient.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #45
For sure I did the same I paid 2750 for my kit on eBay
Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #46
TacoBoss05 is on a distinguished road

Name: Julio
TacoBoss05's Tacoma Gallery
how fast is your 0 to 60 time, and do you think it will make a difference on my truck being a six speed manual prerunner
Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #47
i have no idea what my 0-60 is but its faster and yes it will make a huge difference on ur truck
Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #48
Reign in Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBoss05 View Post
how fast is your 0 to 60 time, and do you think it will make a difference on my truck being a six speed manual prerunner
If I could get traction I'd say my 0-60 are somewhere between 5-5.5 sec. Probably more towards 5.5 sec so I don't catch any slack.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #49

how much boost are you pushing, and how safe is it cause I am getting one but I just want to know how much boost you are pushing
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #50
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Stock is about 6 psi.

I have NST pulleys that push you close to 8 psi.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #51
Reign in Blood

Boost depends on exhaust restrictions. The more restrictions u have the more boost u will see.
Stock pulley only got me 5 psi cause I have long tube headers and a free flowing catback. Withe the URD 2.85" pulley I see 7psi with my exhaust set up. If u put a URD Y pipe on I will see less boost then I have now but more HP
Ultimately a free flowing exhaust will net more HP but less psi.

If u run a NST s/c overdrive pulley and URD 2.85 u will see from 9-12 psi which is safe as long as u run the 7th injector to cool the charge. This way u won't get any Knock. I think there have been claims of 13 psi but that guy kept blowing his motor up for running in hi temp at full throttle for minutes at a time
Old 01-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #52
wyoming4x4 is on a distinguished road
Marines: corporal and honorable discharge. Wrecker operator, marksman instructor
Name: robert
wyoming4x4's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger stuff and mountains/mileage?

Been lookin at a supercharger for my 2006 4wd. My main purpose is to get possible better mileage. When I pull the mountains it downshifts and mileage will suffer. This truck is for normal driving and trying to get better mileage if possible. It gets around 17.5 maybe 18mpg. If their is a way to get better I'm curious to know how. Really like this little truck and so does she. haven't done any mods yet but its about to begin if you know what I mean!!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #53

they say forced induction can save you gas but you have to drive like there is a bomb under the accelerator.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #54
Tio Pepe has a spectacular aura aboutTio Pepe has a spectacular aura about
Tio Pepe's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Supercharger, Air Intake, and Exhuast (all TRD) installed factory when I bought my truck 6 mos ago. I then put in JBA shorty headers. I wanted to keep everything under warranty. They tell me I am pushing around 350 HP. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Of all the vehicles I have ever owned, which includes '92 Jeep Cherokee, '95 4Runner, '03 Tundra, '07 FJ Cruiser, this truck is hands down my favorite. If you stomp it, it will snap your head back. You dont even have to stomp it to get whiplash. When I go to pass people, I blow by them like they were standing still, even if they are doing 70mph. I would be shocked if anyone out there is disappointed with their charger.

As for being faster than a Tundra. My brother has a brand new 5.7 liter Tundra. It would depend on the distance of the race for sure, but in terms of quickness and 0-60, there is no comparison. The SuperTaco has to be one of the quickest fastest accelerating trucks on the planet, unless someone can prove otherwise.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #55
Tio Pepe has a spectacular aura aboutTio Pepe has a spectacular aura about
Tio Pepe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBoss05 View Post
they say forced induction can save you gas but you have to drive like there is a bomb under the accelerator.

I heard that too, but having all that power under my foot, I drive like I just knocked off the Quick E Mart.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #56
beaulieu20012001 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 2ndMaw
Name: James
beaulieu20012001's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty

On another note, now that you have installed the supercharger and took it to the dealer to get the computer flashed. Did you void your warranty putting in the supercharger yourself. i would like to purchase a trd from ebay but I dont want my 09 xrunner to have a voided warranty if I put it on myself. I would like to be able to put the supercharger in myself and then just have the computer burned. Please provide some info if possible. Thanx ahead of time.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #57
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaulieu20012001 View Post
On another note, now that you have installed the supercharger and took it to the dealer to get the computer flashed. Did you void your warranty putting in the supercharger yourself. i would like to purchase a trd from ebay but I dont want my 09 xrunner to have a voided warranty if I put it on myself. I would like to be able to put the supercharger in myself and then just have the computer burned. Please provide some info if possible. Thanx ahead of time.
Self-install vs. dealer install only affects the warranty on the TRD S/C not the truck its going into. The powertrain warranty on the truck remains at 5yr/60K no matter who puts it in. The TRD S/C warranty is 1yr/12Kmi if you do install it, or the remainder of the powertrain warranty if the dealer does it.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #59
ghoukas will become famous soon enough

ghoukas's Tacoma Gallery
pardon my french but im so FUCKING JEALOUS!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #60
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Does that intercooler go in front of the radiator's stock location or does it move the radiator back or what? Where does the transmission cooler go if you have a tow package? Id like to know about the parts that mount in the radiator area, what the kit comes with and how it is installed. Will it prevent mounting lights behind a Grillcraft grill, etc?