Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD supercharger install pictures

Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #61
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Does that intercooler go in front of the radiator's stock location or does it move the radiator back or what? Where does the transmission cooler go if you have a tow package? Id like to know about the parts that mount in the radiator area, what the kit comes with and how it is installed. Will it prevent mounting lights behind a Grillcraft grill, etc?
Intercooler is in front of the radiator. There are special mounts with the fit kit to accommodate the trans cooler.

I can not answer the part about the lights behind the grill. You might have to tweak that.

I did my own install and it was very straight forward.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #62
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Pepe View Post
I had the Supercharger, Air Intake, and Exhuast (all TRD) installed factory when I bought my truck 6 mos ago. I then put in JBA shorty headers. I wanted to keep everything under warranty. They tell me I am pushing around 350 HP. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Of all the vehicles I have ever owned, which includes '92 Jeep Cherokee, '95 4Runner, '03 Tundra, '07 FJ Cruiser, this truck is hands down my favorite. If you stomp it, it will snap your head back. You dont even have to stomp it to get whiplash. When I go to pass people, I blow by them like they were standing still, even if they are doing 70mph. I would be shocked if anyone out there is disappointed with their charger.

As for being faster than a Tundra. My brother has a brand new 5.7 liter Tundra. It would depend on the distance of the race for sure, but in terms of quickness and 0-60, there is no comparison. The SuperTaco has to be one of the quickest fastest accelerating trucks on the planet, unless someone can prove otherwise.

I have an X-1, long tubes, NST overdrive pullies, TRD intake, URD y pipe w/hi flo cats, URD catback.

I dynoed at 354.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #63
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ i hate you. lol jk. very clean set up!! i want a supercharger
Old 03-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #64
F-125Racer is on a distinguished road

F-125Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
What is the highest mileage anyone has seen someone install a TRD supercharger on?
I see 19-21 around town (if I keep my foot out of it1), depending on ambient air temp. Warmer temps=better mpg, cooler temps=lower mpg.
I get the same mpg on the hiway.

CRAP! Sorry Dark Knight, now I see you are asking about how many miles on a truck. I'm a tard.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #65
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a TRD supercharger just waiting to go on. I plan to upgrade it with URD equipment. Have you noticed a difference with shifting in your auto trans. Do you plan to upgrade the valve body in the trans or do you think this is necessary with your additional boost? Just wondering I don't want to burn up a trans and its been suggested that an IPT valve body upgrade would be beneficial with the additional power of a SC.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #66
Instagram: b00sted_b18c5
SYTFUxMBRProjects is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
SYTFUxMBRProjects's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, and I might've missed it within these 4 pages, how did you get your ECM reflashed? Did you tow it to the dealer, or drove it there? Etc?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #67

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
You could drive it gingerly to the dealer. No hauling ass.