Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Flowmaster 40 video

Old 03-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster 40 video

I just put a flowmaster 40 on my 08 tacoma 4.0L...the video is OK(the sound quality isnt great) but it sounds do good in reality. Let me know what you think...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dujz2G1VtTE
Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
its what i have so........well hell yeah!! i love flowmaster, and it sounds really good on the 4.0!! just wait till it breaks in....itll get deeper and more rumbly!!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I was thinking that it would...so thats cool ...but for now im pretty excited although it still smells like burnt hair!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUVVV View Post
Sweet! I was thinking that it would...so thats cool ...but for now im pretty excited although it still smells like burnt hair!
give it a day or two....then start revving the hell outta it......it'll go away!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 40 on mine, so i get to hear it every day...but i have to say, it NEVER gets old. as for the smell i prefered to think of it as more the smell of a job well done(if you installed it on yourself) but if you didn't, just think of it as the smell of a couple extra horses. don't worry though, it goes away. congrats on the upgrade!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
As I was surfing the site I was watching "How'd they do that" on the Science Channel. it had a segment on the Flowmaster factory! Looks like those folks really do their homework. I'm in no hurry, but I think a Flowmaster is in my future.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
As I was surfing the site I was watching "How'd they do that" on the Science Channel. it had a segment on the Flowmaster factory! Looks like those folks really do their homework. I'm in no hurry, but I think a Flowmaster is in my future.
you will be making the right choice my friend!! flow 40 sounds awesome!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
MIKBERN is on a distinguished road
MIKBERN's Tacoma Gallery
Which 40 Is This, There Is Quite A Few! I Have A 08 4.0 But Don't Know Which One To Buy! Can You Help?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
miss south !! haha!!
rocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nice

rocivm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to rocivm
sounds like heaven for me! congrats!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
pumo420 is on a distinguished road

pumo420's Tacoma Gallery
sounds really good man, when i got my truck the first thing i was going to do was to get a flowmaster. i have the 50 series but still sounds mean i put doug thorly headers on it and was actaully kinda scared to go full throttle with it. made it really loud you know.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
LARGE Member

BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know what type 0f 40 it is...when i had it installed i just said the flowmaster 40...and thats what i got! I love it now...its only getting louder, from 35-50 it sounds the meanest!...smells gone too!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #12
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
I have a DF50 on my exploder and still have interior cab resonance at around 2200rpm. It's OK but the constant drone on the highway gets old. Thank (insert deity here) for my Sony system. lol! I did start out with a DF40 and it was a lot worse - swapped it out after one week for the 50.

So after all this posting babble from me, how is the 40 interior-wise? Is it quiet or do you find yourself cranking the tunes to keep it out of your head after a while. Curious if it's any better on a pickup than on a fully enclosed SUV.

Thanks for reading all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUVVV View Post
I just put a flowmaster 40 on my 08 tacoma 4.0L...the video is OK(the sound quality isnt great) but it sounds do good in reality. Let me know what you think...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dujz2G1VtTE
Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #13
LARGE Member

BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
Its not that bad at all inside the cab...it’s a little loud from 45-50 but it’s not annoying at all yet. But my friend had the 40 in his 4.0L ranger and after a year or two it got annoying!....but that’s a POS ranger! I really like the sound, sometimes I turn down the music just to hear it.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKBERN View Post
Which 40 Is This, There Is Quite A Few! I Have A 08 4.0 But Don't Know Which One To Buy! Can You Help?
more than likely, its the flowmaster original 40. there is also a flowmaster deltaflow 40 series too, but they are almost identical......maybe a hair quieter in the cab with the deltaflow.