Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Is URD exhaust a good choice?

Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Is URD exhaust a good choice?

So I have been contemplating getting a new exhaust for some time and I think I am getting pretty close to taking the plunge. I have an 08 6speed 4.0L 4X4.

What I would get:
*Doug Thorley header - long tube
*Doug Thorley "pipe bomb" y pipe
*RD Stainless 3" Exhaust with magnaflow muffle (would this component work with 4x4?)

I was wondering if this is a good set up / is there a better one. I plan to do a lot of wheeling soon. Does anyone know the power gains? Will this be too loud (if there is such a thing?)

All thoughts and opinion greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I would say get the URD y-pipe over the DT y-pipe. I haven't heard many good reviews about the DT ypipe.

Running the DTLT, y-pipe, and URD CBE (magnaflow) will be retarded loud, and sound like ass (very raspy). I have heard the turbo muffler makes the kit bearable though.

You'll definitely pick up some good upper range power, but in exchange for the low-end grunt.

I would think if you are going to be doing a lot of wheeling, you'd want that low-end torque (not an offroad guy, so i'm not sure). I'd say do the headers, keep with the stock y-pipe, and the CBE.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for your input. saved me some money!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
You'll definately need the turbo muffler! The urd cbe is a awesome exhaust, u will be hard pressed to find a better quality Exhaust! It should last the life of the truck as long as u don't smash it on something! I agree with xrunnit keep the stock y-pipe. The 1 grfe motor is very raspy with a straight threw exhaust system! Go with a chambered muffler, dtlt's, and the stock y and it should sound good!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
The urd exhaust is way overpriced especially the y-pipe. The exhaust is just a magnaflow muff that is polished. For the y-pipe just have pipe welded in place of the cats much cheaper and the same results.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the urd cbe and y-pipe are expensive... But it's the best! Comepletely hand polished t-304 stainless steel. The welds and the flanges are perfect! And so is the fit! I've heard guys have had issues with the dt pipe bomb not fitting perfectly and requiring some modification! Urd offers 2 muffler choices a magnaflow straight threw type and a dynomax super turbo. Both are great choices but the super turbo being better for trucks with cats removed!