Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

owners of the flowmaster 40, how is the cabin sound?

Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
owners of the flowmaster 40, how is the cabin sound?

i just traded in my 06 taco which i installed a flowmaster df 50 on it...i liked the sound, but i'm looking to maybe get something alittle louder this time around...i was thinking bout the flowmaster 40, but i'm curious how loud it is inside the cabin? i don't mind hearing some exhaust, but i don't want it to be obnoxiously loud inside...i'm not planning on doing anything more right now other then just a muffler swap and i have an AFE drop in....so your opinions on cabin nose at regular cruising speeds?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't bother me at all.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
around the low end rpm range its very noticeable in my truck. but i dont mind it. turn up the radio and youll be fine. fwiw my gf doesnt really notice it when shes in the passenger seat. no complaints from ppl in the back either.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any video/audio of the 40 exhaust? I'd like to get it but I'm afraid it will sound like a ricer.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
it wont trust me. theres one on you tube ill try to find it.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Same here I'm looking for something with a nice rumble to it. My gf had some cheap exhaust on her old vw bug and it was so loud inside no one liked sitting in the back it was so bad. I don't mind some cabin noise so maybe I'll try the 40. Do they make a delta flow 40? And if so is there any better advantage of the df vs the regular one?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, sounds better than I thought it would. I know it will never have that deep throaty sound of a V8 tho.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me the Flow masters don't sound ricey! I know my truck doesn't count because its a first gen but heres a video of the 40 series on my 4 cylinder just to give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwjwm7O7Dhs
Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
AKA "06tacosport"

dumb question but you guys have just the regular flowmaster 40 right? anyone here have the flowmaster delta flow 40? i'm curious if that one sounds as good as the ones you guys have put up here...
Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I had a Super 40 muffler first, and I hated that thing. I got rid of that as quickly as I could.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #12
AKA "06tacosport"

i'm leaning toward the delta flow 40 i think...i forget what size inlet/outlet is factory pipes? and does i need to be offset? it's been awhile..lol
Old 01-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #15
AKA "06tacosport"

yeah i think i may go with the delta flow 40, here's what flowmaster says about that one:

"Designed to minimize interior resonance, the 40 Series Delta Flow Muffler offers and aggressive exterior tone. The 40 Series Deltas Flow helps increase torque and horsepower on many late-model performance cars and trucks"

I'm gunna order it hopefully this week...again what size pipes are stock? and do i need it offset or center
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
i'm leaning toward the delta flow 40 i think...i forget what size inlet/outlet is factory pipes? and does i need to be offset? it's been awhile..lol
i am running the delta flow 40 series. and again im the only person who seems to hear it. gf, mom, friends all just say it sounds like a truck. doesnt bother me. 2.5 center in 2.5 center out just grab the muffler cut the old one out, weld the new one in place, and maybe add a tip. will look and sound great
Old 01-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Flowmaster Super 40 on my 07, sounds good enough to me. I can only hear it when I get on it... less drone in the cabin

- Richard
Old 01-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #18
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery

I'm really diggin your exhaust. What did it set you back, muffler and install? Is it smog legal?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #19
AKA "06tacosport"

sorry for the late update...well i got the flowmaster delta flow install bout a month ago and so far i'm loving it...i definitely do hear it in the cab, it's not obnoxious though...at first i didn't care for it, but now that i got used to it, i kinda like it...definitely worth it IMO