Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler for a custom Cat-Back

Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
RTaylor is on a distinguished road
RTaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler for a custom Cat-Back

I was looking at the URD cat-back and I am planning on doing a custom cat-back myself, but I am not to sure which magnaflow muffler they used. Does anyone know or have a recommendation? I think I am going to go with 3" pipe. I have a 08 double cab with the V6. Any help or ideas would be great thanks.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
RTaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I will bend it myself, I have close ties with a stereo shop that has all the tools and the pipe bender. I was going to just replace the muffler but I welded a straight pipe in, and that was not a good idea so now I think I want to start over.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
wow, when u say urself do u mean u bend and weld it?

I keep hearing over and over about how there isnt much to be had with catbacks as opposed to just a muffler swap on our rigs............ Maybe force fed trucks could use it more?

BTW, Welcome to TW.
x2 and i think 3" is overkill imo.im running the magnaflow pn.11246.i like it.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
RTaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Is it just a basic magnaflow? I really like the way it sounds.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTaylor View Post
Yea I will bend it myself, I have close ties with a stereo shop that has all the tools and the pipe bender. I was going to just replace the muffler but I welded a straight pipe in, and that was not a good idea so now I think I want to start over.
what did it sound like with the straight pipe?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
RTaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Loud and raspy, I will try to post what it sounds like but no promises.