Notices

Air intake recomendations

Old 03-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Air intake recomendations

What type of cold air intakes do you all have and what would you recommend? I have the V6 and am looking at putting one on shortly. I don't know if I would want an oiled filter or dry. I like the thought of the upkeep on the dry. I was looking at the URD but don't know if I could have due to being a daily driver and the location of the filter.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
What does having a daily driver have to do with you not able to get the URD?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
What does having a daily driver have to do with you not able to get the URD?
With living in Ohio I was worried about the rainfall that we get and snow and salt during winter with the location of the filter.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^That's a valid concern. There's a thread on TN about this very issue where someone living in TX where they had all the recent rain had his filter soaked. I personally wouldn't touch the URD with a ten foot pole but that's just my opinion.

If I were to buy one, I'd get the AFE intake which is who makes the TRD intake but cheaper. I would also only use a dry filter.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Ill say it a 10th time: Ive had my URD TCAI run through a carwash, sprayed directly with a hose, and in pouring rain. It starts right up. No problems. Ive had it on for several thousand miles. It kicks ass.

The only thing you cannot do is submerge it.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
10th time or not, the guy on TN had water coming out the intake tube when he took the filter off despite having a Dry Charger wrap too. I wouldn't use it either. I want the filter somewhere protected from water. Stock intake box, enclosed AFE, whatever. I had a short ram intake on my car relatively well shielded from water on the driver side of the car. I could still splash through water on the passenger side, and have the engine stall on me. Happened 3 separate times, and the problem "mysteriously" disappeared when I went back to the stock intake. I'll never have a filter like that exposed to the elements again. Especially on an offroad vehicle.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #8
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
10th time or not, the guy on TN had water coming out the intake tube when he took the filter off despite having a Dry Charger wrap too. I wouldn't use it either.
Damn, thats scary. especially for an offroad vehicle.

Someone better tell URD that their product is dangerous....
Old 03-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Damn, thats scary. especially for an offroad vehicle.

Someone better tell URD that their product is dangerous....
don't be ridiculous! URD is where it's at.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #10

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
lol, thats funny you thought I was serious.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I had an AEM intake on my xB and never had a problem in Pennsylvania weather. The intake was even low to the ground and elements, granted it was not an offroad vehicle.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Right the water, apparently.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrooks84 View Post
With living in Ohio I was worried about the rainfall that we get and snow and salt during winter with the location of the filter.
I live in Ohio and I haven't had any issues with my URD intake in the last year.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #14
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
i have the volant ram air setup. no water problems at all.