Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust for 4cyl

Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
SPOWERS07 is on a distinguished road

SPOWERS07's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust for 4cyl

i have a 2007 tacoma 4cyl 4wd reg cab what is a good exhaust system to put on that wont really sound like a rice burner
Old 02-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
get a magnaflow, either a 14" or a 18". they sound really good, have a nice deep tone, not raspy at all. plus the straight through performance.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
TacomaRyan is on a distinguished road

TacomaRyan's Tacoma Gallery
I had a magnaflow exhaust on my last pickup. It was an 03 silverado. I loved the sound. I wonder if it would give me a nice deep tone w/ out being to loud.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
ImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura aboutImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura about
ImInLoveWithMyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoarezee View Post
get a magnaflow, either a 14" or a 18". they sound really good, have a nice deep tone, not raspy at all. plus the straight through performance.

which type of magnaflow do you reccomend? Round body, oval? Stainless round? Don't know much about exhaust.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #5

i dont know what kind of exhaust to get, every place i go they all say a different brand is the best. Does anybody know?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:19 AM   #7

twoarezee ya 14" but what brand is the best
Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
TacomaRyan is on a distinguished road

TacomaRyan's Tacoma Gallery
So, I think the one I am leaning towards is... a stainless steal 14" Magnaflow Exhaust.

Thanks twoarezee!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #10

so is that the magnaflow turbo muffler
Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking to lower the pitch AND quiet it down. Actually if I could make it silent without impacting the OEM performance I'd be happy

Does the magnaflo increase the volume?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBetty View Post
I'm looking to lower the pitch AND quiet it down. Actually if I could make it silent without impacting the OEM performance I'd be happy

Does the magnaflo increase the volume?
depends on what size you get. the largest one is 24", that will be really quiet but still produce a better sounding tone.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoarezee View Post
depends on what size you get. the largest one is 24", that will be really quiet but still produce a better sounding tone.
Could this be done with just the muffler? I don't want to have to replace the pipes if I don't have to. I am still torn modifying the exhaust and voiding the emissions warranty as is.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #15

you can use the stock piping, thats how my old exhaust was set up. i dont think changing the muffler voids the emissions warranty.