Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Thinkin of getting a supercharger.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Thinkin of getting a supercharger.

Ok so i want to get a supercharger. What i want to do is just go thru toyota so i can put the purchase on my truck loan, so i can just pay it with my truck payment.

So im wondering if this is possible for me to do, and also are there different types of s/c for the second gen 4.0? and what else would i need to purchase with it. ( or will the people at the dealership know all this?) Anyone have experience doing this? also what numbers do you thro out and performance wise how does the s/c do against stock?\

Thanks all.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think that you'll be able to put it on your loan. If I recall correctly, TRD is a separate entity from Toyota, and won't allow it for some reason. I have yet to see anyone actually add this to their loan. It sure would make purchasing the S/C easier. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. As for the S/C, the other choice would come from URD.

With my Tacoma on 285's and stock, I definitely felt a big difference once the S/C was installed. I have yet to dyno the truck with the S/C on, but I'm sure you can find someone who has with ease. I haven't had a single regret with the S/C purchase, but then again, I have yet to find anyone who purchased the TRD/URD S/C with any regrets.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool thanks for the info. Ill definitly look into it. i also have a lift and 285's. Would i feel a big power increase with the s/c on it? Also what else do you have that goes along with the s/c. Headers? fuel system?
Old 01-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
They do not allow it on the loans. They do allow you to take less for your trade, then buy the trd charger. I have seen them way less than a dealer would sell it to you for. I have seen anywhere from 2800-3800. I saw one the other day for 3400. You can score them for 2800 but you need to be on the ball and have your paypal ready. Online sites are mostly 3800-4200.

I have still yet to install mine for 2010's are not yet supported as far as ECU's go.

TRD will tell you to install on a OEM setup for best results. They will honor your factory warranty through Toyota if the dealer installs and you have a stock setup.
Ok thanks. So pretty much i gotta pay outta pocket right when i get the charger? That would be cool if the dealership could work it into my loan somehow.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
Ok thanks. So pretty much i gotta pay outta pocket right when i get the charger? That would be cool if the dealership could work it into my loan somehow.
You can buy it when you get the truck at the same time, but it has to be 2 separate purchases.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
i have a supercharger with mods done to it, i also have 285's and i can rip the tires right off of it, believe me, it don't feel or act like a v-6 anymore
Old 01-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #7

Ok ya i talked to a guy at the dealership, he said i would have to get a seperate loan. That sucks
Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
put the money towards paying off your loan it won't make your tacoma faster but it will make it yours faster
Old 01-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I think the reason they can't sell a new truck with the trd s/c already installed has something to do with emissions. the s/c is 50 state legal but only has aftermarket level emissions certification. So it cannot be sold on a new truck and cannot be financed together with a new truck! sorry
Old 01-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
I think the reason they can't sell a new truck with the trd s/c already installed has something to do with emissions. the s/c is 50 state legal but only has aftermarket level emissions certification. So it cannot be sold on a new truck and cannot be financed together with a new truck! sorry
ya it sucks. Trying to figure out how and if im gonna do it. Guess ill have to finance separately then