Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need a new air filter looking at AFE

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Need a new air filter looking at AFE

http://www.autoanything.com/air-filt...A4151A0A0.aspx

I need a new air filter for my taco. The old one is a POS which is dirty and I'm not about to get another one like it. I saw this yesterday, was wondering if it's better as well as gets a bit of hp.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I got one, didn't really notice a diffrence in hp. maybe a bit more throttle response.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
I like the AFE Pro Dry and have a spare for Me and the GF. We have the same truck. So I change it out and Wash the old one with water and let it dry while I install the spare. Great filter. Got it thru Autoanything for $62.00.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was reading on here about the oil that is let in from the K&N though. Apparently the AFE doesn't let in oils. Is this true? I tried to look for it online for a vid about it (searched AFE Pro dry), didn't get much. There's too many with the CAI's which also have the pro dry on them.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
I was reading on here about the oil that is let in from the K&N though. Apparently the AFE doesn't let in oils. Is this true? I tried to look for it online for a vid about it (searched AFE Pro dry), didn't get much. There's too many with the CAI's which also have the pro dry on them.
The AFE pro dry is dry( no oil ). You can tap it out, vacuum it out, or wash it with soap and water and let it dry. I didn't feel any increase in power or throttle response, but its the last filter i'll have to buy for the truck.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
The AFE pro dry is dry( no oil ). You can tap it out, vacuum it out, or wash it with soap and water and let it dry. I didn't feel any increase in power or throttle response, but its the last filter i'll have to buy for the truck.
That's what I am looking for also. I don't want to buy the nasty OEM air filters since they will get dirty and I have to replace them. I remember one time cleaning out my old Dakota's OEM air filter box and where the intake hole was, by the bottom of the air filter box, there was all this oil.

I do full detail cleaning on the Tacoma at the end of every 2 months and there's already enough places I have to scrundge around to clean in the engine bay. thanks guys.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXtx View Post
I went with K&N oem replacment, I think it was about $40, I have always went with K&N and thay seem to be a damn good filter, I'm thinking of up grading to one of there cold air intakes. A buddy of mine has what your looking at and seems to like it pretty good. I guess get what you like there all about the same.
dont waste your money on a cai. do a search and there will be tons of results about the uselessness of them!

to the op get the pro dry s. without an oil filter you will be much more happy and less stressed about maintenance and worrying if you didnt over oil the filter then worrying about your maf getting the oil all over itself
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
to the op get the pro dry s. without an oil filter you will be much more happy and less stressed about maintenance and worrying if you didnt over oil the filter then worrying about your maf getting the oil all over itself
EXACTLY! I just want to put ONE filter in and just have to worry about cleaning it. I don't want any extra steps to it at all. I'm ordering the AFE Pro Dry though tomorrow from autoanything ($35 to my door).
Old 01-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
^good choice man. Hate to see people spend money for something and then be unhappy with it! I love my pro dry s. Take it out after offroading and smack it against the inside of my bed to get the dust out then when I get home, wash it dry it put it back in and I'm good to go

Products Discussed in this Thread