Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

New Intake installed

Old 03-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Cool New Intake installed

Holy crap. The XDI True Flow is definately more impressive than the AIRAID. At Least for me that is. Dont get me wrong, AIRAID was ok, but I can feel & hear the difference. There is so much more airflow at upper RPM's, that my Borla has a deeper rumble note. At low RPM's it's smooth. Dont know about MPG due to the fact that I was stomping the gas to hear that sweet note. But one thing for sure, when I started it up after install, my fuel gauge started to go up after driving for a while. I know this aint supposed to happen, but it was sure funny.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice got pics of the new intake?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Tommorow,,, still need to install the vent shades from weather tech. Also got a reverse light that hooks up to trailer hitch adapter, dang it's bright as hell. Like having headlights in the rear...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
cool will look tomorrow for you pics.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction

Cool Here are some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
XDI Installed

Plus Inline Vents

More pics in my Photo sect.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
looks good...is that base housing behind u?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
looks good...is that base housing behind u?
Yup. It's not that bad. If I owned a 4 Bedroom off base around here, I dont think my BAH will cover. Waiting to get p/u for SFC/E-7, then I will live out on the economy. Looking out around Hoke county area or so.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hell, i'd just stay in base housing unless u were planning on seperating/retiring in the area. if i were still in, i'd either rent or stay on base.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
hell, i'd just stay in base housing unless u were planning on seperating/retiring in the area. if i were still in, i'd either rent or stay on base.
I know what you mean... I aint in no rush. I am 5 min from my unit, less mileage on the truck, less gas to spend. Plus, I love the fact that I dont come out of pocket for all those rainy day incidents. Housing is alot better in the Army now. But there is still more room for improvement...
Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I know what you mean... I aint in no rush. I am 5 min from my unit, less mileage on the truck, less gas to spend. Plus, I love the fact that I dont come out of pocket for all those rainy day incidents. Housing is alot better in the Army now. But there is still more room for improvement...
true...but that shit ur in looks much better than the housing on most of the AF bases i've been on.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
true...but that shit ur in looks much better than the housing on most of the AF bases i've been on.
thanks. Just got back from the PI. My wife moved in while I was deployed. I was hella happy when I got home.

So as you see, this is why I'm having fun moding my truck. If I lived on economy, I would just be getting by.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
thanks. Just got back from the PI. My wife moved in while I was deployed. I was hella happy when I got home.

So as you see, this is why I'm having fun moding my truck. If I lived on economy, I would just be getting by.
yeah...i remember how that was. i was renting a 1 bedroom apartment when i was stationed out in texas and my BAH was $422 a month...and when i got in there i was an e-3
Old 03-31-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
midV6size is on a distinguished road
midV6size's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Holy crap. The XDI True Flow is definately more impressive than the AIRAID. At Least for me that is. Dont get me wrong, AIRAID was ok, but I can feel & hear the difference. There is so much more airflow at upper RPM's, that my Borla has a deeper rumble note. At low RPM's it's smooth. Dont know about MPG due to the fact that I was stomping the gas to hear that sweet note. But one thing for sure, when I started it up after install, my fuel gauge started to go up after driving for a while. I know this aint supposed to happen, but it was sure funny.

Just curious, how much did that unit cost? And who makes it?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by midV6size View Post
Just curious, how much did that unit cost? And who makes it?
True Flow, here is a link to where I bought:

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/cart.php?add_update