Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Just installed URD MAF calibrator!!

Old 01-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
EZ's Black Taco
ez_money08 is on a distinguished road

ez_money08's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed URD MAF calibrator!!

I just installed the URD MAF calibrator with the wiring harness. Had a minor issues with wires I switched up at first, but got it sorted out and it runs awesome! Thanks Gadget for helping me out
Old 01-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_money08 View Post
I just installed the URD MAF calibrator with the wiring harness. Had a minor issues with wires I switched up at first, but got it sorted out and it runs awesome! Thanks Gadget for helping me out
can you tell any difference with it installed?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
when i installed mine i felt some difference, it wasnt night and day but there was some.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
EZ's Black Taco
ez_money08 is on a distinguished road

ez_money08's Tacoma Gallery
yeah there's not a big difference, but noticeable. It makes a hissing sound at higher RPM when the intake is sucking in more air
Old 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
"She's a 'beaut Clark"
chadleeper is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
chadleeper's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any pics on what the MAF looks like wired into harness? It might help someone in the future if they can see what wire goes where.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
so is it worth it>
Old 02-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
like if you are looking for power without going doug thorleys or a S/C then i think its your best bet. i Have one i like it
Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgalleon View Post
can you tell any difference with it installed?
Depending on how your truck was running before, and how the new tune is you could see a very drastic change in performance to a very subtle change.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #11
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_money08 View Post
yeah there's not a big difference, but noticeable. It makes a hissing sound at higher RPM when the intake is sucking in more air
I don't think the engine is sucking in any more air than it was before due to the fact that the engine is a mechanical air pump and displaces the same as it did before. I do think though, that it probably helped lean out the AF a little to give you a leaner burn

Anyone have some before and after dyno numbers on this thing?
Old 02-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #12
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Depending on how your truck was running before, and how the new tune is you could see a very drastic change in performance to a very subtle change.
What is the easiest way to get it retuned?

I had it tuned for intake and exhaust and now I have headers so I'd like to get it retuned.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #13
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I already have CAI, Headers and exhaust. Was kinda thinking about doing this but i dont know if it would do much.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #14
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about getting one for my 2TR, mostly to help mileage a little bit.

I went and got some quotes about tuning it at some local speed shops, everybody said around $250-$300 to tune it.

Was wondering if it was really simple to tune like the URD site says.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #15
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
^ search around this forum. this urd maf doesnt do all that much for our 2tr's and is definetly not worth 500 bucks out the door with a tune... thats my 2 cents.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
^ search around this forum. this urd maf doesnt do all that much for our 2tr's and is definetly not worth 500 bucks out the door with a tune... thats my 2 cents.
Wasn't going to get the timing one, just the MAF sensor calibrator, its only $250 vice the $500 one for boosted engines.

Like I said, I'm trying to squeeeeeeze MPG's out, not horseponies. I get approx 25 on the highway.

I want to take some road trips this year

I think my motors running rich, as it makes little popping noises from the exhaust upon deceleration.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #17
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no its not only 250 because you just mentioned its another 250 to tune from a shop that you got a quote. 250+250=500 bones

i dont think alot of 2tr's run the calibrator because it doesnt seem to benefit our engines in any way
Old 02-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
no its not only 250 because you just mentioned its another 250 to tune from a shop that you got a quote. 250+250=500 bones

i dont think alot of 2tr's run the calibrator because it doesnt seem to benefit our engines in any way
I see what you're saying, that's why I asked if it was easily tunable, to avoid the other $250 for the speed shop tuning.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #19
Almost there

oh my bad. you can tune it yourself. urd gives you the software and you can do the tuning yourself on the street. street tunes are better than taking it to a shop anyway and having them dyno tune it.

it would probably be a good idea to get someone else to do the driving so you can keep an eye out on the software and the different characteristics of the truck so you can optimize your tune. i think there is a how to tune on their website or on gadgets wedsite.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #20
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
oh my bad. you can tune it yourself. urd gives you the software and you can do the tuning yourself on the street. street tunes are better than taking it to a shop anyway and having them dyno tune it.

it would probably be a good idea to get someone else to do the driving so you can keep an eye out on the software and the different characteristics of the truck so you can optimize your tune. i think there is a how to tune on their website or on gadgets wedsite.
G has his own website? Care to linkify me?