Learn from my almost costly mistake...
I installed a TRD CAI in my 2009 DC the other night. The install was quick and easy as others have posted. I took the truck for a test drive and was pleased with the extra throttle response and added growl during acceleration. 2 miles into the drive I came to a stop for a light. The truck threw a code and I had absolutely no power. I couldn't even get out of 2nd gear. Yet it seemed to idle ok.
I limped home and inspected my work. I thought maybe one of the hoses off the new intake had worked loose. I couldn't find anything wrong so I lifted the negative terminal to clear the codes and reset the computers. Took it for a drive and had no problems.
The next day I left for work. About 4 miles from the house I came to a stop and the same thing (code and no power). I pulled over shut the engine off for about 2 minutes, started it up and drove the remaining 20 miles to work with no problem.
That night it happened again (code,no power, ok after shut down). I was about ready to reinstall the OEM intake. As I took apart the TRD CAI I found the problem. There was a credit card size piece of packing foam in my throttle body !! It had caught on a sharp edge of the throttle itself.
The foam must have been stuck to the side wall of the new CAI intake or maybe in the filter body itself. In either case even though I did a quick inspection during the initial install I apparently missed the foam.