Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

best sounding exhaust for tacomas?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
alaska is on a distinguished road
Name: Hannah
alaska's Tacoma Gallery
best sounding exhaust for tacomas?

I'm looking for something loud as hell, make my little truck sound beefy. Hard to accomplish with a V6, but any ideas? I don't know anyone personally with a decent exhaust system on their truck to compare and trying to listen to the difference between clips on the internet is pointless. Opinions on which sounds the best? The deeper and louder the better.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
There is no "best sounding exhaust" as every bodies opinions are relative. The only thing you can do is listen for yourself and find one you like, here's a link to a sound compilation thread though.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...on-thread.html
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
951TRD has a spectacular aura about951TRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
951TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any clips for you to listen to but I personally have a Magnaflow exhaust. The sound is not to deep which is what I wanted. My neighbor has a Flowmaster exhaust which is a lot deeper and louder than the Magnaflow. I'm not sure if there is anything louder than the Flowmaster.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster will do the trick, but im also gonna say Borla cause its what I have and I love it
Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
This video contains the best audio of my exhaust. You be the judge.

TRD Exhaust w/ DT Long Tube Headers. It's pretty deep and mean sounding in my opinion.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
951TRD has a spectacular aura about951TRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
951TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have been interested in getting the TRD exhaust... How is it compared to Magnaflow?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
This video contains the best audio of my exhaust. You be the judge.

TRD Exhaust w/ DT Long Tube Headers. It's pretty deep and mean sounding in my opinion.

Dude you are one crazy mofo!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.aeroperformanceexhaust.com/default.htm

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...ro#post1701145

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fmwwmVAUY

If I had a V6, that's what I would get.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
alaska's Tacoma Gallery
Well I wondered which were loudest and deepest pretty much...no pussy shit. I like it obnoxious.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
buy a Cheby .

You dont want your truck to sound like sht do you? Just get a good deep sound and it will sound a lot beefier.

Welcome to TW post pics of your truck.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #13
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Dude you are one crazy mofo!
I just need mike to trade trucks and I'll be golden!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
if you want the loudest, cherrybomb style glasspack is probably the way to go, but they tend to not sound as good on the V6s. you'll be very happy with the flowmaster/borla route. i have a flowmaster 40 series american thunder (don't know if they make the american thunder anymore) and i love it!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #15
alaska's Tacoma Gallery
How does a flowmaster sound compared to a magnaflow?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #16
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I have the flowmaster single chamber and i love it! pretty deep sound
Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #17
horsepucky is on a distinguished road
Navy: EM1
Name: Ed
horsepucky's Tacoma Gallery
Smile exhaust sound

I like my jb headers with Borla exhaust
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
4milestogo is a jewel in the rough4milestogo is a jewel in the rough4milestogo is a jewel in the rough

4milestogo's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Dynomax cat-back and it sounds very deep and loud, I dig it.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure i got the loudest taco around. no back cats, no muffler, and just a 3 inch pipe going out right in front of my rear passenger tire