1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dual Charged...?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TACOROCK, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Apr 2, 2008 at 7:42 PM
    TACOROCK

TACOROCK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    So I Think I Am Going To Go Ahead With The Toyo Dual Charged System! Can It Be Done You Ask???? I Say Hell Ya The Sky Is The Limit! I Figure Anyone With A Taco Knows That They Are A Bit Overpriced!!! Agree? Well I Know Id Like To Have A Nice V-8 In A Truck And I Hear It From My Buds All The Time... But Time And Time Again The "little Taco" Had Had To Pull Out A "big Bad V-8" So I Currently Own A Urd Supercharger And Ive Had A Nice Garett Laying Around That I Rebuilt....... So What The Hell Right!! Dual Charged It Is!!! I'll Tinker Around With It And Get It Just Right Or Blow My Block :( No But Really I'll Take Pics And Possibly Set A Install Under Diy For Step By Step And Maybe The Little Taco Will Out Run.. Well Just About Anything.? If You Know Someone Who Has Tried Please Post And Let Me Know The Outcome!

2. Apr 2, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    utixrunner

utixrunner I <3 Boost

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2007 SWB X-Runner
    TRD S/C, DT Long Tube Headers, Jardine Catback, TRD Intake, Trd Short shifter, TTC Dual Traction Bars, Sway bar bushing kit, c2c lowering kit, lots of other little things
    why would you do this versus running a nice single turbo setup? just to be different?

3. Apr 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    TACOROCK

TACOROCK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    Ya..... And Not Have To Hold My Breath When Im Not Spooling Fast Enough For Me... So My Urd Will Take Me Off The Line And The Turbo Will Take Me The Rest Of The Way.

4. Apr 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    utixrunner

utixrunner I <3 Boost

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2007 SWB X-Runner
    TRD S/C, DT Long Tube Headers, Jardine Catback, TRD Intake, Trd Short shifter, TTC Dual Traction Bars, Sway bar bushing kit, c2c lowering kit, lots of other little things
    you will be at full boost much faster with a turbo than urd sc... good luck with tuning also. It will defiantly be interesting

Also im sure you know, but this is a very expensive motor. 10k plus install unless you can do it yourself.

5. Apr 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM
    Spyder327

Spyder327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Aquamist 2D meth/water injection kit, URD Exhaust, DT Long Tube Headers, Hood Struts, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff...
    Have fun blowing that motor up, it's certainly not the right kind for that type of setup.

6. Apr 3, 2008 at 3:05 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Pictures!

And video. Yes, for once I'm wanting videos!:popcorn:

Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top