Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

05-07 URD true cold air intake now available

Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoarezee View Post
heres the new URD true cold air intake now available for you 2nd gen peeps.
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260518504

Bastard!!! I was just about to post that.

But yes it's out, however not recommended for the offroaders who plan on submerging their front ends.

Lastly for those that don't know about URD, they are a couple of guys that have devoted alot of their time and effort into developing quality performance products for the Toyota Truck and SUV lineup and in all honesty I'd put something of theirs on my rig before I put a TRD product on.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
But yes it's out, however not recommended for the offroaders who plan on submerging their front ends..
Do I have to cover it up from snow/rain, or is the filter handling that stuff? Is the stock grille good enough protection or would those billet grilles be better?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #7
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see how the filter wouldn't get soaked in the rain unless you just park it whenever it rains
Old 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
I think being soaked is a little different from getting wet. Wind can carry rain/snow in thru the front grille. Washing your truck can also get the filter wet. I had an Iceman CAI for my car that had 2 stages. The shorter pipe for the winter months.

Anyway, I like it. And if there is a true performance gain, it would be a nice Christmas gift for myself.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
so would it make my vehicle fuel efficient? what are the pros and cons besides the unlucky off-roaders who will not benefit from it
Old 02-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #10
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Wish they would turn it down to fit in the front bumper or figure out some way to get it in the fender. I agree with spp that it seems like you wouldn't be able to drive in the rain.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
I don't see how the filter wouldn't get soaked in the rain unless you just park it whenever it rains
Man, I misread your post... that double-negative statement threw me off. Yes, I do agree that it might get soaked in the rain. Pls ignore me previous reply.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #12
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
F1 cars drive in the rain and they have a huge air intake scoop above the driver.

Don't worry about it. The Amsoil filter URD uses is awesome.