Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Recommended Truck Upgrade (2001 Toyota Tacoma Sr5)

Old 02-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Recommended Truck Upgrade (2001 Toyota Tacoma Sr5)

Hey guys, Im new to toyota world.
I have a 2001 toyota tacoma w/ the 3.4 v6.
Its 4wd and runs great.

Just put a flowmaster s40 on it and it sounds great.
Was just wondering what anybody else recomended for modifications?

Intake?
Headers?

One more quick question. I got the flowmaster s40 with new bigger piping and I noticed it kind of has a burn smell to it? My buddies told me it is just breaking in and it wont last long but id figure a second answer would help.

thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
Its 4wd and runs great.

Intake?
Headers?

One more quick question. I got the flowmaster s40 with new bigger piping and I noticed it kind of has a burn smell to it? My buddies told me it is just breaking in and it wont last long but id figure a second answer would help.

thanks
TRD supercharger. Was the best mod I did to my 97 -4 Runner. Same engine. They are cheap on Ebay.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
Its 4wd and runs great.

Intake?
Headers?

thanks
Yep, just breaking in smell, mine had it too when I first put it on, it wears off after a little bit
Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
deck plate mod, drop in AFE filter
Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
do the deck plate mod, it works, I herd that headers make a world of difference on that engine!