Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

resonator delete.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
Name: Austin
taco_man's Tacoma Gallery
resonator delete.

will i pass inspection removing the resonators out of the y pipe???
Old 02-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
we don't have resonators in the stock exhaust.

The stock exhaust has 2 sets of cats. 1 set attached the exhaust manifold, the other (the ones your thinking of) are located in the y-pipe.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
yeah those are the ones i am thinking about. But can i cut thoses out???
Old 02-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_man View Post
yeah those are the ones i am thinking about. But can i cut thoses out???
You can if you want too. You won't see any performance gains from it, just a difference in exhaust sound. The stock cats flow pretty well.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
well im planning on getting the dt long tubes eventually but i dont think its worth the price for the y pipe so i figured id just make my own and cut out the small bends and put new ones in and take out the 2nd set of cats. any other performance mods you think would be worth it?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
You could if you wanted to. Being N/A though the gains will be minimal at best. If your going boosted, then def go that route.

N/A though, DTLT, stock y-pipe, and a 2.5" catback will bee a good exhaust setup.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
well i already have the cat back on. so im planning on getting rid of those cats tonight. we will see if there r any gains.