LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

LSD Add.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
LSD Add.

Hey folks,

what kind of LSD Additive are you fellas using on your TRD Sports when flushing out and replacing with new?

Thanks,
Richard
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The GM stuff works pretty good.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that reminds me!!! I need to do my 30K tune-up!! I believe I have some by redline but I still need to do the swap so I'm not sure how good it works.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chris are you sure about GM stuff inside Toyota vehicles? Isn't that kind of mis-matched?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Chris are you sure about GM stuff inside Toyota vehicles? Isn't that kind of mis-matched?
Not really. It works great in our diffs. Toyota didnt invent the LS diff, nor do they do anything different than anyone else who makes a LS diff with friction plates in it.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #6

Hmm, thats quite interesting. I would have never thought that GM parts could be used on Toyota trucks. Yeah its nice to have the Mechanical LSD back there...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
what would happen if a mechanic put lsd additive in a NON-lsd rear diff? anything?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Hmm, thats quite interesting. I would have never thought that GM parts could be used on Toyota trucks. Yeah its nice to have the Mechanical LSD back there...
Actually, GM and Toyota have partnered on alot of things. The VVT-i on the smaller chevy engines, just to give one example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammikm View Post
what would happen if a mechanic put lsd additive in a NON-lsd rear diff? anything?
Probably nothing. Mobil 1 and some other gear oils have the addative in them already.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #10
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
In my 05 Sport, the dealer change the fluids and it developed a shudder when turning. They told me that they installed the right thing and it happen sometime. They sent me, accros the street, to Ford, and buy a small bottle with some heavy stink additive. They added that and was good for anothe 15K.

I guess GM or Ford either one will work. If you do it your self in your own garage??? just make sure you don't spill any on the floor. This thing smells really bad.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:06 AM   #11
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from the Toyota steeler ship and they said its what they used at the factory.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:31 AM   #12
TBAGRR is on a distinguished road

TBAGRR's Tacoma Gallery
GM has good fluids, there syncromesh manual trans fluid is great stuff to, i havent put it in my toyota trans but i have in many other cars and it seems to do a great job
Old 03-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
Rebecca and Willow's Opa
Fireguy67 will become famous soon enoughFireguy67 will become famous soon enough

Name: Klaus
Fireguy67's Tacoma Gallery
Need some advice. i just ordered some Amsoil synthetic gear lube for my 2006 Taco with LSD. I ordered the LS additive to go woth it. I talked to a tech guy at Amsoil who told me their gear oil does not need the additive. It SHOULD work fine in a Taco LS diff. Would there be any issues if it was not needed and I put it in anyway?(in other words, can you actually have too much additive in the rear diff?) Any comments? Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy67 View Post
Need some advice. i just ordered some Amsoil synthetic gear lube for my 2006 Taco with LSD. I ordered the LS additive to go woth it. I talked to a tech guy at Amsoil who told me their gear oil does not need the additive. It SHOULD work fine in a Taco LS diff. Would there be any issues if it was not needed and I put it in anyway?(in other words, can you actually have too much additive in the rear diff?) Any comments? Thanks
Answered in PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy67 View Post
A buddy of mine used Amsoil diff fluid in his GTO. Yes it has additive in it but apparently it wasn't enough because the diff started making noise. He added the additive and it went away.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #16
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force:
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
My local toyota dealership sold me motorcraft diff additive. Been working great.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #17
Rebecca and Willow's Opa
Fireguy67 will become famous soon enoughFireguy67 will become famous soon enough

Name: Klaus
Fireguy67's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you gentlemen- I was going to add it anyways- didn't figure it could hurt it too much.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Actually, GM and Toyota have partnered on alot of things. The VVT-i on the smaller chevy engines, just to give one example.

Probably nothing. Mobil 1 and some other gear oils have the addative in them already.
What mobile 1 would that be?
Never seen Mobile 1 with LSD additives.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
A buddy of mine used Amsoil diff fluid in his GTO. Yes it has additive in it but apparently it wasn't enough because the diff started making noise. He added the additive and it went away.
Did he use the SEVERE GEAR from Amsoil? We used it in our corvette without any probelms. We also used it in my nephews corvette, no problems.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #20
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I'll trade someone my open diff rear end for someones LSD rear end, that way you wont ever need to use additives