Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

electric fan anyone?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
electric fan anyone?

Ive been looking but havent seen anything yet. Has anyone put an electric fan on a 2nd Gen? If so what kind did you end up going with.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Contact Shane @ Sittin Sic (shanes56). He sells an e-fan kit. I believe its made by Flexalite

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/members/shanes56.html
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Flex-a-lite makes a kit for the Tacoma (flex-a-lite 678 I think). Expensive, about $400, though. I bought one late last summer and installed it. Works fine. Fan mount is Tacoma specific, but wiring is like a generic/universal kit. They recommended tapping wires in the engine bay, but I looked into the wiring diagram and tapped into the wires in the engine bay fuse box. At least there is some protection there.

When I was researching there was also a few people who "rolled there own" and bought a fan and controller, then fabbed up the mounting and shroud. Some more searching on here should bring those posts up.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
rodstone is a name known to allrodstone is a name known to allrodstone is a name known to allrodstone is a name known to allrodstone is a name known to allrodstone is a name known to all

Name: Travis
rodstone's Tacoma Gallery
I was planning on getting this kit.http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGe...A-AE550FFCEF30...when I can afford it. I've heard a lot of horror stories with the flex-a-lite fans. Best electric fan I know of to make your own kit is with a Lincoln MKVIII electric fan. Guys use those fans on EVERYTHING, I think they fit pretty good with the stock 05+ fan shroud too. I want to get the LCE fan kit because of the over flow tank and a/c relay, plus it makes things a lot easier for install, taking away all the guess work.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
This is the Flex-a-lite fan kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstone View Post
I was planning on getting this kit.http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGe...A-AE550FFCEF30...when I can afford it. I've heard a lot of horror stories with the flex-a-lite fans. Best electric fan I know of to make your own kit is with a Lincoln MKVIII electric fan. Guys use those fans on EVERYTHING, I think they fit pretty good with the stock 05+ fan shroud too. I want to get the LCE fan kit because of the over flow tank and a/c relay, plus it makes things a lot easier for install, taking away all the guess work.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i think im going to go with the flex-a-lite fan. I really havent heard anything bad about them. Should get it around march 1st so ill let yall know how it turns out.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Feel free to hit me up with any questions when the time comes. Like I said, I tapped into wires in the fuse block instead of Flexalite's instructions.

My only feedback is that the electric fan seems to generate more "rumbling" in the cabin than I thought it would when its on. Also, the AC circuit that they recommend you tap into is the AC compressor circuit. That means that the fan cycles on/off with the AC compressor, which tends to cycle quite a bit. I have considered finding the AC turn on line to feed the fan controller's AC input, but have not done it as yet.