Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Can a Scan gauge void your warrenty ?

Old 04-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
Metal Magic is on a distinguished road
Metal Magic's Tacoma Gallery
Can a Scan gauge void your warrenty ?

I was thinking of buying a scangauge 2 for my tacoma. After reading alot of info here it seems like a very cool toy and offers some great info about the condtion of the vehicle. My question is can using your OBDI port constantly cause any kind of damage ? will a scangauge void your warrenty? I looked on their web page and found nothing stating it was 100 safe which kind of scares me a little. I would just hat to buy it and have it cause problems. Thanks for the help !
Old 04-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
No, it's just reading information provided by the truck's computer through the OBDII port. The SG isn't turning the port on or anything like that, it's "constantly hot". Google Magnusson-Moss act too.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
A Scangauge II is nothing but a reader. It can't adjust or change anything on your vehicle.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
Metal Magic is on a distinguished road
Metal Magic's Tacoma Gallery
thanks I will check it out
Old 04-05-2008, 04:04 AM   #5
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the original scangauge for a couple years anyways plugging in to various vehicles without incident. I wouldn't worry, it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Magic View Post
I was thinking of buying a scangauge 2 for my tacoma. After reading alot of info here it seems like a very cool toy and offers some great info about the condtion of the vehicle. My question is can using your OBDI port constantly cause any kind of damage ? will a scangauge void your warrenty? I looked on their web page and found nothing stating it was 100 safe which kind of scares me a little. I would just hat to buy it and have it cause problems. Thanks for the help !