Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

True Flow xdi Owners

Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
True Flow xdi Owners

How many True Flow xdi owners are on here? Just wondering... I have one and i think its great, a good exhaust makes it even better. i just cant wait to get headers to "unleash the beast" in my taco.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Love the look, the sound was nice, but mine did not get aggressive till almost 4000 RPM. Now I have JBA headers and this shit is rumbling at like 2500 RPM.

Next step is to drop rear cats. I mite even post a current audio clip with my set up. Before and after rear cats are dropped.

Enjoy it, it's all about making your truck unique to your taste...
Old 04-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Love the look, the sound was nice, but mine did not get aggressive till almost 4000 RPM. Now I have JBA headers and this shit is rumbling at like 2500 RPM.

Next step is to drop rear cats. I mite even post a current audio clip with my set up. Before and after rear cats are dropped.

Enjoy it, it's all about making your truck unique to your taste...
So, your truck basically rumbles at idle.....right?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
So, your truck basically rumbles at idle.....right?
Yes... Its very suddle. It's more like a sleeper. Gets loud when needed. I dropped my son off at school and he noticed it big time. When I hit the highway, he really heard the difference. His words, so of coarse that made me happy
Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
So how does this intake affect your mileage?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #6

I guess it's slightly better, but at first you waste so much gas because you just want to hear the sound it makes
Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
Fast Eddie is on a distinguished road

Fast Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed it last night and was a little pissed at first because around 4000rpm in vibrates my dash and my ear drums.

Other than that it is great.

You guys ever have that issue?

I keep thinking of those little rice burners with the subs that when you stand outside alllyou can hear is rvey trim piece vibrating.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
I just installed it last night and was a little pissed at first because around 4000rpm in vibrates my dash and my ear drums.

Other than that it is great.

You guys ever have that issue?

I keep thinking of those little rice burners with the subs that when you stand outside alllyou can hear is rvey trim piece vibrating.
Yes it is a noticeable rumble... If that is pissing you off, you definately should not run headers, cause your whole cab will rumble, ha ha ha...

As for the dash, maybe it's a little loose. Mite want to check that out...
Old 06-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #9

Headers are finally on the way.......
Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #10

Has anyone cleaned their filter yet?????
Old 06-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #11
Enjoying my addiction

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Has anyone cleaned their filter yet?????
I probably will do it after 5000 miles. Have you?

I watched that demonstration on you tube, and the one thing I liked about True Flow is that they were not claiming better AirFlow. Actually they stated that all reusable filters will dramatically increase air flow over stock paper filters. They were promoting the fact that their filter out performs all others by keeping more unwanted dirt and particles out of your engine. Pretty interesting demo. I was impressed. Guess thats why I own one, and got their replacement filter for the wifes SUV...
Old 06-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I probably will do it after 5000 miles. Have you?

I watched that demonstration on you tube, and the one thing I liked about True Flow is that they were not claiming better AirFlow. Actually they stated that all reusable filters will dramatically increase air flow over stock paper filters. They were promoting the fact that their filter out performs all others by keeping more unwanted dirt and particles out of your engine. Pretty interesting demo. I was impressed. Guess thats why I own one, and got their replacement filter for the wifes SUV...
I haven't cleaned out mine yet....I'll do it soon... yeah..that video also convinced me to buy the true flow intake....
Old 08-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #13

I just bought a true flow filter cleaning kit......
best price i could find was here:
http://www.innovativediesel.com/_e/A..._Kit_95711.htm

with free shipping. i just though i'd post this just in case there are any other people wondering where to get a True Flow filter cleaning kit..