Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

woohoo just did another oil change!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
woohoo just did another oil change!

So my truck just hit 21000 miles. So i think this is my 4th or 5th oil change, cant remember. Im using the fram tough guard oil filter and still using the 5w30 castrol syntec oil. Its a part synthetic blend. Next change ill prolly switch to full synthetic. thoughts?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I switched to synthetic around 20k as well
Old 02-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
You can change to Synthetic at any time....

I've been doing it long enough to not really like fram, honestly though no matter how many people hate it, it's still not going to hurt your engine. on my truck i've been using OEM filters. Otherwise I perfer Mobile1
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I recommend factory filters............I have thousands of oil changes under my belt and have grown to hate Fram....they just feel so cheap.

as for oil, mobil1 or castrol seem popular
X2
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I changed my oil today too!! I used factory oil filter and Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-30.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

but i get all my stuff at checker, the only filters they have are bosch and fram i think. Ill prolly keep using castrol, ill switch to full synthetic next oil change
Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
but i get all my stuff at checker, the only filters they have are bosch and fram i think. Ill prolly keep using castrol, ill switch to full synthetic next oil change
I just buy 3 at a time at my local toyota dealer with the crush washers. then I always have them when I need them
Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
Yeah I changed to full synthetic like 2 weeks after I bought the truck new. You should check on ebay for some OEM fitlers. Thats where I got mine, like a set of 5 for like 20 bucks. It was really cheap and I really like the OEM filters. That and I only change my oil about 2 times a year, maybe 3, so that set of 5 OEM filters will last me a while!!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah I changed to full synthetic like 2 weeks after I bought the truck new. You should check on ebay for some OEM fitlers. Thats where I got mine, like a set of 5 for like 20 bucks. It was really cheap and I really like the OEM filters. That and I only change my oil about 2 times a year, maybe 3, so that set of 5 OEM filters will last me a while!!
sweet ill check there, thanks!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Never understood why people who go out and buy synthetic oil and pair it to a crappy Fram filter. Better filters can be had for less than the Fram Tough Guard or the Fram Orange Can of Death. Purolator Pure 1 is a vastly superior filter than the Fram Tough Guard for $1 less.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
fram is death
Old 02-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
See for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX0xrqvlsNI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BQha...eature=related