Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How Many Miles Does Your Taco Have??

Old 02-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #21
n315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
n315on's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
157,000 on my 01 v6. Im guessing on the original clutch (I bought it with 146,000).
Just wondering how much you paid for the truck. I'm looking looking at one with similar miles on it, but is a 02 v6 with 144k
Old 02-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #22
Foster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to all

Foster9091's Tacoma Gallery
162000 on 01 doublecab and the only thing that doesnt work is the rear locker
Old 02-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
vicstacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Victor
vicstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
128k miles on 2000 sr5 trd sport... bought it 3k miles ago and it runs great just did tune up when i first bought it.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #24
tacomatrd4x4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Manuel
tacomatrd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
58 miles just got mine 3 days ago
Old 02-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #25
cmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to behold

cmytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
05 with almost 91k and no issues other then this website that makes me spend too much
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #26
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
2000 4 banger 4x4 174,000 miles replaced the exhaust manifold. Also had the radiator replaced due to going hunting taco style. (All I could say for the deer was, chasing women will get you killed...lol) nothing else replaced. Original clutch and timimg belt/chain whatever the hells in there...lol Just switched to synthetic oil in her last oil change. Woohoo!!!! I love my first gen!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #27
Hair Metal Rules
buzz wrecker is on a distinguished road
Navy: Fire Controlman First Class
buzz wrecker's Tacoma Gallery
07 TRD Sport V6 with almost 11K, no issues yet. Low miles due to military deployments....
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
I have Access Cab 2007 with 46,679 miles on it. I have had to replace the axle seal, thinking it was because of the 6 inch lift. I have had to replace the knocking sensor, because apparently a rat or mouse ate the wires. I have had to replace the ALternator but that was self infection because i ran through a 3 or 4 foot puddle. But, other than that working great.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #29
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
My 2001 4WD OR xtra cab had 136,000 miles on it in less than 5 years.

Only 'failure' was ummm well nothing!

They did see a drip coming from the water pump at 90,000 miles when they did the routene timing belt replacement... being cheaper while it was exposed, we replaced the water pump then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2005 4WD OR double cab had 103,000 miles on it at 4.5 years of age.

Only 'failure' was the air bag warning light coming on that required a new wire harness.

I did have issues with the soft rear springs causing the truck to bottom-out when there were back seat passengers or cargo in the bed when going over bumps (I installed air bag springs and 5100 shocks, didn't know of the TSB). Also, the ABS brakes made grawling noise sometimes and there was a squeek from 8,000 miles to when I put new pads on... at 20,000 I think.

Not enough bad to change brands, however! Way too good in Baja!

My 2010 4WD OR double cab is 3 months old and has 4,000 miles on it.

The first drip of any Toyota I had came from the transmission, at the plug where the right hand speedometer cable would connect, just forward of the drive shaft end. They had it twice... gave me a free rental car and kept it overnight to make sure it was fixed. Otherwise nothing. The rear springs are better and thye ABS is silent... plus I love the new traction control features (TRAC and A-TRAC)!

Yup, same color... and the light bar and Hellas are now on it:

Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #30
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
My 2001 4WD OR xtra cab had 136,000 miles on it in less than 5 years.

Only 'failure' was ummm well nothing!

They did see a drip coming from the water pump at 90,000 miles when they did the routene timing belt replacement... being cheaper while it was exposed, we replaced the water pump then.

My 2005 4WD OR double cab had 103,000 miles on it at 4.5 years of age.

Only 'failure' was the air bag warning light coming on that required a new wire harness.

I did have issues with the soft rear springs causing the truck to bottom-out when there were back seat passengers or cargo in the bed when going over bumps (I installed air bag springs and 5100 shocks, didn't know of the TSB). Also, the ABS brakes made grawling noise sometimes and there was a squeek from 8,000 miles to when I put new pads on... at 20,000 I think.

Not enough bad to change brands, however! Way too good in Baja!

My 2010 4WD OR double cab is 3 months old and has 4,000 miles on it.

The first drip of any Toyota I had came from the transmission, at the plug where the right hand speedometer cable would connect, just forward of the drive shaft end. They had it twice... gave me a free rental car and kept it overnight to make sure it was fixed. Otherwise nothing. The rear springs are better and thye ABS is silent... plus I love the new traction control features (TRAC and A-TRAC)!

Yup, same color... and the light bar and Hellas are now on it:

FOr your Air bag light going off how much was the new wireing harness? Because i have the same issue On my new 2007
Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #31
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I think it was like $300 something... I was upset because it seemed to be a weakness not a result of anything I did... shouldn't have happened... but, in all the miles that was on the truck I never had to pay for amy other failure... other than the beef up the rear suspention... Since I found this forum only a few months ago, I have learned of the TSBs for the rear springs... Maybe there is one of the wire harness problem? Wouldn't surprise me...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #32
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
69000 miles on my 2002. kept up on regular maintenance and she runs like a champ
Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #33
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmytacoma View Post
05 with almost 91k and no issues other then this website that makes me spend too much
hahaha yep
Old 03-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #34
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
39k hard miles on my 2009. Alot of coal mine roads, river bottom running, and offroading in general. Only problem I have had is when the a pesky Jeep found the side of truck and took out a 12,000 dollar bite.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #35
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jonathan
wingshootin's Tacoma Gallery
06 with 112k. No problems this far. Knock on wood.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #38
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
got my 2005 with 71k and now im at 82k...
Old 03-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #39
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
2006 with 16,600 miles
Old 03-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #40
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
2007 with 80,600 miles.