Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD CAI/Modified Exhaust System Question?

Old 04-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
TRD CAI/Modified Exhaust System Question?

I am still looking at getting a TRD CAI. My question is would it be more bennificial to upgrade my exhaust/header system to get the full benifit of the CAI? If so, which exhaust system is best?...I don't want anything loud or throaty sounding. Something to the effect of the stock sound.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
I am still looking at getting a TRD CAI. My question is would it be more bennificial to upgrade my exhaust/header system to get the full benifit of the CAI? If so, which exhaust system is best?...I don't want anything loud or throaty sounding. Something to the effect of the stock sound.

Dude,,,

Not to sound rude but in order to gain intake airflow increase, and xhaust increase you will have to expect change in sound of your ride.

So,,, stay stock. Tacoma's are awesome off the lot anyway's.

Stay away from the addiction;
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Something to the effect of the stock sound.
That would be, um, stock.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD exhaust sounds good. Plus, if you really hammer it, you can hardly hear the exhaust over the CAI.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
If you really want your money's worth, you need to get the MAF calibrator. And pretty much all intakes are going to make it louder when you mash on it.