1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust question.

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by eight3one_offroad, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 10:42 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad [OP] Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Hey guys,

So I'm running stock 2.25" pipe from the Y to a 2.5" Super 40 FM and dumped after the axle. The Flowmaster muffler is showing signs of leaking water out the bottom and it needs to be replaced. I would like to know if running a 2.5" pipe from the Y to a 2.5" (new muffler) should cause less low end torque and decrease in gas mileage? I mean is there that much of a difference between running a 2.25" to 2.5" piping on a 1GRFE motor.

Thanks for any response or support,
    Richard

2. Feb 11, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    XrunnIT

XrunnIT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    1GR-GZE X-Runner
    Built Motor by LC Engineering Boosted by TRD
    With stock y and stock manifolds, the 2.5" catback will make little to no difference. No need to worry about mileage loss, or loss of lowend torque. You might however see a little bit of performance up top.

3. Feb 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad [OP] Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Thanks a lot Xrunnit, I feel a little more confident in getting the new muffler and pipe in. I put the Flowmaster when the truck had around 3380 miles and now with 51xxx it could use a new one! I bought a wicked Mac Pro muffler can't wait to see what it sounds like :)

- Rich

Products Discussed in

To Top