LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust question.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Exhaust question.

Hey guys,

So I'm running stock 2.25" pipe from the Y to a 2.5" Super 40 FM and dumped after the axle. The Flowmaster muffler is showing signs of leaking water out the bottom and it needs to be replaced. I would like to know if running a 2.5" pipe from the Y to a 2.5" (new muffler) should cause less low end torque and decrease in gas mileage? I mean is there that much of a difference between running a 2.25" to 2.5" piping on a 1GRFE motor.

Thanks for any response or support,
Richard
Old 02-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
With stock y and stock manifolds, the 2.5" catback will make little to no difference. No need to worry about mileage loss, or loss of lowend torque. You might however see a little bit of performance up top.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Thanks a lot Xrunnit, I feel a little more confident in getting the new muffler and pipe in. I put the Flowmaster when the truck had around 3380 miles and now with 51xxx it could use a new one! I bought a wicked Mac Pro muffler can't wait to see what it sounds like

- Rich