Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Deck Plate Mod Question

Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Deck Plate Mod Question

Sounds like a cheap way to get good performance. Anybody post a link for the DP mod on a 1st gen tacoma?

Any 1st gen reviews? Dyno?

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=85
Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Has anybody does this mod? Thankyou for the tutorial, seems pretty good. Considering you can open or close the mod.

I was just wondering if it messes with your ECU or engine computer.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Your ECU will adjust fuel trims to compensate for the increase in airflow. There are dyno proven gains.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Your ECU will adjust fuel trims to compensate for the increase in airflow. There are dyno proven gains.
Thanks alot man!

Um, I plan on doing this very soon. Ill post pics and let you guys know
PS- Does dropping a K&N filter in help? (Not much reviews on those links)
- What size do you recomend cutting? 3, 4 or 5" (3.4 v6 2001 taco)

THANKS again!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
Thanks alot man!

THANKS again!
Pretty sure AFE Dry Pro is the favorite drop in filter, so do that too!

Not sure on the size... I'd go with 4" if it was me.. no reason though.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks alot man!

THANKS again!

I think most people do a 4" plate on the 3.4. And the AFE pro dry seems popular as well.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Here is an awesome tutorial with some dyno tests in it aswell

http://www.speedysgarage.net/sportru..._deckplate.htm
Old 02-14-2010, 05:09 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Has anybody does this mod? Thankyou for the tutorial, seems pretty good. Considering you can open or close the mod.

I was just wondering if it messes with your ECU or engine computer.
I did this on my 96 tacoma (years ago) and ran a K&N drop-in filter with it.

I did notice a slightly better throttle response and 'maybe' helped with gas mileage (along with other mods I had).

It's a great & easy mod because you can always put it back to 'stock' simply by closing the lid. Hasn't affected anything in terms of ECU or anything.