Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Flowmaster & CAI?

Old 02-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster & CAI?

Hey yall,

Im looking at getting a flowmaster super 50 series, and a CAI. Now I just have a few questions.. ( keep in mind I dont want it to be SUPER loud, just loud enough I can hear a nice exhaust tone, lol)

1.) I heard some where, If i get the Flowmaster, and cut the cat off.. i will get more of a gain, and better fuel economy?

2.)If this is so,how much of a power/fuel economy gain will I see and feel?

thank's!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Well then, i read up on the "deck plate" mod.. Can this be done to a 2005 4.0 tacoma?? if so, I'd much rather spend the 20-30 bucks than 100-300 bucks for a CAI. lol.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Cutting your CAT off is most likely illegal and might change the way your truck runs - and it might run poorly. I wouldn't recommend it. You could be biting off more than you can chew by cutting the CAT off.

I have the Flowmaster 50 series CAT back dual exits.

Primarily...I got it for the sound. I didn't buy it for performance. I thought I'd get a slight gas mileage increase - but that hasn't happened (and I'm not disappointed).

I can't speak for the Tacomas...but I had a CAI on a Dodge Ram. It was FRIGIN LOUD in the cab and was rather annoying. I got rid of it.