Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust tip inlet diameter?

Old 02-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Exhaust tip inlet diameter?

OKay i looked through thr threads and am still confused?

What i want to do is cut off the end portion of my exhaust and put a new tip on.

I measured for sizes by doing:
Pi X Diameter = Circumference
or,
Diameter = circumference/Pi

For the very end, the "flared" out part we got a pretty good circumference of 8.5in, so that would make the diameter 2.7 inches.

For the regular pipe size the circumference we got was 7.5in, making the diameter ~ 2.4.

So i want to know what inlet size on the new tip i should be getting? And what are the exact values?

thx
Old 02-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you doing all this math!?? Measure one side to the other? No one makes a 2.4" exhaust. Most likey 2.5", so that would be your inlet.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
aaahaha. i know they dont make 2.4 or 2.7 sizes, but i just didnt know which was right?
Old 02-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
plasma cutter, tach on the new tip, nice solid weld= call it a day

get a 12inch tip. stock piping is 2.25". i have a 3.5outlet. perfect for me
SO did this 2.25" one slip on?
Old 02-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Why are you doing all this math!?? Measure one side to the other? No one makes a 2.4" exhaust. Most likey 2.5", so that would be your inlet.
on summit racings site there 2.410" inlet diameters
Old 02-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
any more input on which size to get for clamp on tip?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
chop off the flared end, get a tip with a 2.25" inlet. Call it a day.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
chop off the flared end, get a tip with a 2.25" inlet. Call it a day.
okay thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #10
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
So this is stock exhaust? If so, then yes 2.25...
Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
hondarubiconowner is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
hondarubiconowner's Tacoma Gallery
ok so I got a 12" gibson 2.25 inlet clamp on exhaust tip and the damn thing won't fit on!! I cut off the flare and even filed the end of the stock exhaust a bit, but it will not go on. While trying to put it on I also opened the clamp end a bit more with a chisel, yet it still wont go on! What should I do?