Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

what type of exhuast to get

Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
the fresh prince
toyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to behold
Name: Aaron
toyotacoinwa's Tacoma Gallery
what type of exhuast to get

my truck is the 4.0L v-6 and it sounds really whimpy... i want a deep sound. kind of loud but not overboard.. i am thinking like flowmaster 40 or 50 or should i save some $$$$$ and go with a company like magnaflow?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
My personal suggestion is a Magnaflow will sound raspy on a 1GRFE, go with a FM 50 if you want it not too loud. I have a Super 40 dumped behind the rear axle and it sounds deep enough. I know other people will have different things to say and thats fine!

- Rich
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
the fresh prince
toyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to behold
so the fm 50 is quieter than the fm 40? does it improve gas mileage?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe a Gibson?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
the fresh prince
is gibson a cheaper company than mangaflow or flowmaster?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
everyone sweary by dynomax super turbo! 50 bucks on summitracing.com
I am getting one for my taco and xterra
Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard many and I only really like the Magnaflow which is why I have it on mine. The flowmasters seem to just drone and I drive long distances so I did not want that, the TRD to me sounded to close to stock, seems like the engine noise is louder.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotacoinwa View Post
so the fm 50 is quieter than the fm 40? does it improve gas mileage?
Some people say it will and I will tell you no it wont because you will want to hear it and drive in a way you can hear it which is not MPG friendly
Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Look up at the blue bar (upper right side) of this forum - Use the SEARCH feature. There are TONS of threads about this already.

I have Flowmaster #17432 Catback dual exits with 50 series muffler.
Low tone, not loud

Also, goto youtube for sound clips. The internet is full of info...
Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 AM   #10
2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP
mnerren is on a distinguished road

Army: US Army 1985-88
mnerren's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Magnaflow SUV muffler and it sounds great, not too loud and doesn't drone at highway speed. When you get on it, it sounds great and good power too.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
i have a mbrp cool duals setup. it sounds great check out the sound clips on they're website!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
2.7bluetaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jacob
2.7bluetaco's Tacoma Gallery
definatly go with the FM 40 i got mine done awhile back and i love it! definatly louder than the 50
Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #14
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I love the way the banks sounds, i have fm super 40 and it's not too loud
Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #15
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
i have my flowmaster 40 on my tacoma and its nice and loud, just the way I like it. The 50 was designed to reduce interior resonance. It will give an aggressive tone on the outside while you won't hear as much in the cab. which in my opinion wasn't worth it because I wanna hear as much as a can.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
TACO054 is on a distinguished road
Name: SIDNEY
TACO054's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the magnaflow on mine sounded great not to lound just right till my buddy convinced me to remove the rear cats now its a little loud, but wen i punch it the intake is louder
Old 02-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I am building a full exhaust system this week with an aero turbine muffler... If you wanted to wait, I can post a video of it when it's all said and done.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
Hair Metal Rules
buzz wrecker is on a distinguished road
Navy: Fire Controlman First Class
buzz wrecker's Tacoma Gallery
I have the stock replaced with an Aero Turbine 2525 on stock headers/y-pipe. Throaty, and has it's own sound like noone elses! Loud-ish...
Old 03-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4milestogo View Post
Dynomax rocks!
x2, had my ultra flow on for a few days now and love it.