Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How to remove 2nd air filter?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
08TacomaDC is on a distinguished road
08TacomaDC's Tacoma Gallery
How to remove 2nd air filter?

I want to remove the secondary air filter from my truck to see what happens with my mileage. I know some of you will say it won't help. Well your not getting under 12 miles to the gallon in the city with your truck.

I looked in there to take it out, well it looks like it's screwed in there from the inside. I know some have taken theirs out, how'd you do it?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TacomaDC View Post
I want to remove the secondary air filter from my truck to see what happens with my mileage. I know some of you will say it won't help. Well your not getting under 12 miles to the gallon in the city with your truck.

I looked in there to take it out, well it looks like it's screwed in there from the inside. I know some have taken theirs out, how'd you do it?
look at the top of the "performance and tuning" section. there's a DIY secondary air filter topic that is stickied. it has all the info in it that u'll need.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
The article hodge was referring to: Secondary Air Filter Removal
Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the filter is riveted in there with plastic rivets. break those out and the filter will come out. its a good mod for a bit of an increase.