Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TBS Whistle

Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
TBS Whistle

I just installed a Throttle Body Spacer, and the only thing i noticed was a very annoying whistle. I'm guessing this is normal? Is there any way to minimize that annoying sound? or should i just live with it? I also read online that a "whistling" sound means a bad installation???
Old 04-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Dang dude, you must have money to burn man if you bought that thing.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
I just installed a Throttle Body Spacer, and the only thing i noticed was a very annoying whistle. I'm guessing this is normal? Is there any way to minimize that annoying sound? or should i just live with it? I also read online that a "whistling" sound means a bad installation???
no....they all whistle. i bought a k&n intake from tacorock and it came w/ a helix tbs. it does the same thing. as soon as i get some new tb bolts from advanced, its coming off. if it only did it when u punched on the gas pretty hard, then it'd be ok...but mine does it all the time. and there's really no bad install. it bolts on one way and thats it
Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah...i think mine's coming off.....that things annoying!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #5

btw, it was also a helix tbs
Old 04-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #6

TBS is off... damn, that whistle was annoying..
Old 04-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Just as a quick question, are all of your vehicles auto? I noticed this during acellerating with a partially open TB. Now that I have the SCII i see that it is only during 25-30 % TPS. But anyway, mine is a 6 spd so I only hear it if I hold in that gear at that TB position. I guess that having an auto would prolong this anoying sound. My fix was Headers and louder Intake & Exhaust set up.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Just as a quick question, are all of your vehicles auto? I noticed this during acellerating with a partially open TB. Now that I have the SCII i see that it is only during 25-30 % TPS. But anyway, mine is a 6 spd so I only hear it if I hold in that gear at that TB position. I guess that having an auto would prolong this anoying sound. My fix was Headers and louder Intake & Exhaust set up.
I think the automatic does make the annoying whistle sound longer, but who knows... by the way, did you even notice a difference with the TBS?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah, mine is an auto. its friggin annoying as hell.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
I think the automatic does make the annoying whistle sound longer, but who knows... by the way, did you even notice a difference with the TBS?
If that thing is helping, I would only guess at full WOT. How often are we at WOT. So, unless at the tracks, I would have to say no. I am just leaving it cause wont get no money for it, and it increases the intake woosh sound when shifting. Sounds like a blow off valve for my truck. But other than confusing other vehicles around me of whats under the hood, it's worthless, LOL...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
If that thing is helping, I would only guess at full WOT. How often are we at WOT. So, unless at the tracks, I would have to say no. I am just leaving it cause wont get no money for it, and it increases the intake woosh sound when shifting. Sounds like a blow off valve for my truck. But other than confusing other vehicles around me of whats under the hood, it's worthless, LOL...
it sounds like a damn fan belt is about to wear through...lol...thats the best i can describe it
Old 04-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
it sounds like a damn fan belt is about to wear through...lol...thats the best i can describe it
That's exactly what it sounds like.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Dang, either it's really bad on auto's, or my ears are needing a check up, LOL...
Old 04-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Dang, either it's really bad on auto's, or my ears are needing a check up, LOL...
u can ride in mine before i take it out and see...its so damn annoying
Old 04-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #15
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
u can ride in mine before i take it out and see...its so damn annoying
Yeah I want to compare the two. Just PM me, I'll swing on by...