Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Boost gauge Location on 05+

Old 02-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
usmctopgun is a glorious beacon of lightusmctopgun is a glorious beacon of lightusmctopgun is a glorious beacon of lightusmctopgun is a glorious beacon of lightusmctopgun is a glorious beacon of lightusmctopgun is a glorious beacon of light
Marines: Gunnery Sergeant
usmctopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Boost gauge Location on 05+

I understand there is no pillar mount mass produced right now, where are the 4wd guys putting their gauge after the blower install? Or are you even installing one?

My S/C is apparently backordered right now (at least that is what the dealer is saying), but as soon as it arrives, they will be doing the install on my '10. Dealer promised to install a gauge as part of the package, so I want to see whats out there. thanks.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
there is a pillar mount but for two gauges.

http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota.html
Old 02-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
There are two gauge mounting solutions available for the 2nd Gens.

An A-pillar pod (2 gauges), and a console mounted pod (2 gauges).

A-Pillar Gauge Pod --> http://www.totallytwistedcreations.c...uge_pod_0.html
CravenSpeed Flex Pod --> http://www.cravenspeed.com/index.php?productID=284
Old 02-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
The flex pod looks really good!! except for the price.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
The flex pod looks really good!! except for the price.
Over on XRU we are working on getting a group buy to get a lower cost.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
Hot Taco Chick is on a distinguished road
Hot Taco Chick's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Everyone. I bought a used Taco, which has a Boost guage, sadly though I'm trying to figure out if it's cosmetic or real. Any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmctopgun View Post
looks nice, but not an option for the 4wd though

maybe put it on the other side??? if that's not too far away for you
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco Chick View Post
Hey Everyone. I bought a used Taco, which has a Boost guage, sadly though I'm trying to figure out if it's cosmetic or real. Any suggestions?

pop the hood. see a turbo or supercharger?

or does the needle move with the application of throttle?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If only I wasnt still NA..... The flexgauge pod looks really nice.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #14
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
Here's where I put my gauge. Cleanest setup? No. But the mount is only $14.99.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #15
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland View Post
Here's where I put my gauge. Cleanest setup? No. But the mount is only $14.99.

Who makes the mount and did you buy it ???

Thank you.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilus11 View Post
Who makes the mount and did you buy it ???

Thank you.

Made by PLX devices. Site says $12.99, guess I remembered wrong http://plxdevices.com/accessories.html
Old 04-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #17
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland View Post
Made by PLX devices. Site says $12.99, guess I remembered wrong http://plxdevices.com/accessories.html
Thank you.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
ERIC4444 is on a distinguished road
Navy: LHD-1
Name: Eric
ERIC4444's Tacoma Gallery
TRD BOOST GAUGE!

$150.00 FOR YOUR GAUGE IF STILL AVAILABLE?